The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Circus Is Here.

Home Forums General Sports The Circus Is Here.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 1,028 total)
  • Author
    wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

With weakened teams this is always a punting nightmare but

Wolves v Newport 2/5
    Legend centre back Butch is already complaining about getting a team out after the 3-0 loss to Cambridge. 2/5 is very generous – I would have this at 1/4 at least whatever team Wolves put out

Bolton v Burton 8/11

A good point against Derby on Sat and Bolton will have the edge here. A v good home record also and Lennon will have his team prepared for this

Ipswich v Stevenage 1/2

Ipswich at home – then there is only 1 outcome!

small stakes again – treble pays around 13/5 with Bet Baldy

Once I know team news will look at another bet on Tues evening

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Hoping Aguero starts tonight and gets a couple so I can go for a few correct scores with the free bets on the mickey mouse cup provided Paddy can pay out on time. Like you say Wasp might pay to keep an eye on the line ups as some go weak and others strong and if your on the ball you can get in quick.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Hoping Aguero starts tonight and gets a couple so I can go for a few correct scores with the free bets on the mickey mouse cup provided Paddy can pay out on time. Like you say Wasp might pay to keep an eye on the line ups as some go weak and others strong and if your on the ball you can get in quick.

On the bench Nathan – can’t have recovered fully from that virus

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

That was always a possibilty.
    Hoping they get a few goals with Arsenal firing blanks, although it’s early days it would be nice to ahead on the highest scoring side bet.
    I’ll settle for a 5-4 win to WBA.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

A big blow to Derby after Will Hughes has been ruled out for 6 months after coming off in Saturday’s match at Bolton.
    He is a key player to their success and their chances in my opinion have been hit heavily.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

After catching up on the team news another treble to try and get the season off and running

Charlton v Dag and Red 4/7 – After disposing of QPR on Sat the Addicks plan not to make too many changes. Daggers plan to rest old boy star striker Jamie Cureton and 4/7 is the value for the home win

Sheff Wed V Mansfield 4/9 – Mansfield got local derby with Notts C on Friday night and manager has basically said squad cant cope and league is priority. Take the Owls to win comfortably

Millwall v Barnet – 5/6 Lions boss has said there will not be wholesale changes whilst Martin Allen says the Bees will be making changes and freshen it up. I know what that means. 5/6 is value

Treble pays 16/5 with Totsport/Baldy

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

A big blow to Derby after Will Hughes has been ruled out for 6 months after coming off in Saturday’s match at Bolton.
    He is a key player to their success and their chances in my opinion have been hit heavily.

Ouch cruciate. Feb and by the time he rebuilds confidence/match practice it will be Apr.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

2 wins and a draw in both trebles means beaten by a neck in both selections. It was a turbulent evening on the whole but that is to be expected at this time in the season. Small stakes mean damage is minimal but being involved keeps me interested.

Shall be tracking Gillingham a bit more closely – after the appt of Justin Edinburgh they seemed to on the upward curve. They travel to P Vale on Sat and I am interested in the win and BTTS market. Best price 5/1 at the moment.

Nothing really doing this evening. Derby could be in for a tricky time at Pompey but 18/5 is not enough value at the moment. Lets see what teams they put out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

With Derby having to make early changes on Saturday Darren Bent didn’t make it on the pitch and will probably start tonight.
    I’d take him at 5/1 for the first goalscorer if having a bet as if Martin doesn’t play and that’s likely considering Bent is his natural replacement with the new manager playing a similar style formation to that of McClaren then Bent would also be in line for the spot kicks. Derby will field a weakened side but even still have a pretty good bunch of replacements and went on a decent run in this competition last season. At odds on though I wont be playing but will keep an eye on the sides and it might be a possible in running bet if Derby are on top but still 0-0 and better than evens with one or two better players on the bench to get on for the latter stages.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I’ve just got off the phone to work and I’ve been given Swansea in the sweepstake on the handicap with +35, happy with that after their draw with Chelsea.

Come on the Swans.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I’ve taken Ladbrokes 9/2 on Bent scoring first as they have a sharp shooter offer on live games in which if your chosen player scores first before the start of minute 25 then your odds get doubled. It will be a tricky tie but I’m expecting Bent to line up and he can score.

Portsmouth v Derby

Darren Bent First goalscorer 9/2 sharp shooter bet £5.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I watched the first 25 minutes in case I won the double odds but turned it off after that, not because Bent hadn’t touched the ball and he was still in contention at 0-0 of netting the first goal but because the camera angle was horrific, my eyes still haven’t recovered this morning when I poured apple juice into my cereal and the milk into a glass. Goodness knows what I would be doing if I had watched the full game, I’d probably be blind.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

I’ve just got off the phone to work and I’ve been given Swansea in the sweepstake on the handicap with +35, happy with that after their draw with Chelsea.

Come on the Swans.

52-55 points will put them in the frame GL

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

I watched the first 25 minutes in case I won the double odds but turned it off after that, not because Bent hadn’t touched the ball and he was still in contention at 0-0 of netting the first goal but because the camera angle was horrific, my eyes still haven’t recovered this morning when I poured apple juice into my cereal and the milk into a glass. Goodness knows what I would be doing if I had watched the full game, I’d probably be blind.

Not aware of that market (25 mins), not been on my laddies account for a bit – certainly makes things a bit more interesting. No bets last night as had lost on My Titania over at Gowran. Should have taken the 18/5 on Pompey 😥

Charlton travel to Derby on Sat and I have taken the 11/1 on the Addicks and BTTS – Charlton have started strongly and Derby have started a little bit sluggish. 6’s are freely available but I want to keep stakes low so have gambled on BTTS.

Charlton and Gillingham are my early teams to follow – though it is so early doors this can change quickly

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Never seem to make any money at this time of year on football. I look at certain fancies but decide not to commit because of the unpredictable nature of results – this can sometimes cost me. I want to keep to doubles especially teams with solid home records. The problem is there are no records at the start of the season and we are looking towards historic form that has no relevance. There are some clubs that seem to continue to have good home records whatever the season and am taking two this weekend.

Am putting up an early double here as off to sunnier climes tomorrow

Ipswich v Sheff Wed 23/20. With the home side here and will continue to back tractor boys at home even though they have a tough game here.

Sheff Utd v Chesterfield 11/10 Home team here again. After being pounded last week the Blades are under pressure to bounce back. Chesterfield are a good side and will prove a tough nut to crack. However Adkins and his side have to win this after last week and am taking them to narrowly take this.

Small stakes again – returns just over 7/2 with BetV

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Want to keep the Gills onside for the time being. They are at P Vale on Sat and 9/4 is a bit too short when I want to keep stakes small. Gills and BTTS score is available at 5’s and that’s good enough for me

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Portsmouth have been the curse of ante post punters (inc me) but I sense a resurgence and I want to keep them onside for now. They travel away to another one of my notebook entries of very early form of ones to watch for in Plymouth. However I sense goals and a win for Pompey something in the 2-3 region. Not going to take on the correct score market but do like the look of Pompey and BTTS.

11/2 is good enough for me

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 1,028 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.