The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Circus Is Here.

Home Forums General Sports The Circus Is Here.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,028 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

So who do you all think will be the surprises in each league and who will struggle when they shouldn’t be:

I think after last season’s almost disaster Everton will pull themselves around this year and be up there at the other end I think maybe West Ham will struggle with relegation and maybe Southampton who for last two seasons have started good and fallen away if they don’t get that start this season I think they will be in the fight.

In Championship I thinkmaybe Bristol City will continue there league 1 form and be around play offs but I think QPR could be this season’s Blackpool but maybe not as bad

League 1 I expect Sheffield Utd to finally shake off their league 1 jitters and finally get promoted, I think Blackpool will continue the downward trend but not get relegated in this season.

League 2 I’m not sure about yet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I don’t like making too many early predictions as I usually make a fool of myself like last year when confidently Southampton for the drop. Of the ones you mention I think Bristol City will be happy to consolidate and have them about mid table. Everton’s season could be won or lost on Lukaku, I think he is an extremely good striker and if he gets the service they will do well if not they wont. I’d play safe and say between 8th and 12th for them.
    QPR will struggle if Austin goes he was fantastic last year and they still went down and have already lost his partner in crime Zamora so I don’t fancy them at all if Austin departs. Wolves could be a contender if they can tighten up at the back. They have plenty of goals in their side and 2/1 isn’t a bad price with Coral to finish top 6.
    I don’t follow the lower leagues enough to comment.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

Nath i put my top scorer bets in my thread any thoughts on them

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

ROONEY 12/1
    WALCOTT 33/1
    HAZARD 25/1
    DEENEY 80/1

And in championship.If Dwight Gayle goes to Fulham he be my main bet others are

JELAVIC 33/1
    J VAUGHAN 66/1

Vaughan is a nice price Daz. He’ll need a decent goals to shots ratio with Huddersfield as they don’t over create especially away from home. I read somewhere Jelavic is being lined up for a move to West Ham which is why I decided to leave the Championship top scorer market alone with that uncertainty who will stay or go.
    Rooney looks in-decline to me and drops deep, he need the refs to assist him with the old dodgy spot kicks to get anywhere near. Deeney is a very good Championship player but I have doubts about him in the Premier League, I hope Watford continue to play attacking football but if results go against them they might have to adapt a more defensive policy which wont suit Deeney. I cant work Walcott out but good luck with 33’s he can be a bit injury prone. Hazard is great, moaning about being kicked a lot but that’s because teams recognise he’s a danger. Penalty kick taker is a bonus and if Chelsea decided to go all out instead of parking the bus at 2 up he would get a lot more goals. I just feel City have more goals in them and play a more open game than most of the other top sides which makes Aguero a nap injury free.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

Think Watford play attacking football they look exciting going forward most of new players are mainly attacking players.And as Austin show last season last year if you prolific in championship you can score decent amount of goals.And Deeney is in a team that have more weapons than QPR.Hazard score more than Costa who i think be injured most of the season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Jordon Rhodes on discoveration that Blackburn have turned down Middlesboro’s offer to sign him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Paddy have given me a £3.00 free bet. ‘woohoo’ I hear you say.
    Only trouble is the b**tards are making me walk into town and use it on one those terminals in shop. I suppose the fresh air would do me good, yeah right all those bloody car fumes from the over populated town due to all the new houses popping up left right and centre. Then there’s all the lunatics that frequent the premise, tooled up to the hilt and kicking off every time the fruit machine swallows another twenty. £30.00 free bet wont get me out of bed before the Ashes starts. No there is only one thing for it, I’ll have to phone Father and get him to go down for me…..

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

Hhahaha I got a £5 one :yahoo: Though it is a disraceful amount compared to the 4 week £50 freebets they gave last year.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Bets so far

Premiership

(handicap) – Newcastle +40 points (15/1) e/w C Palace +37 points (15/1)e/w
    both fun bets – to have a realistic chance of winning both will need around 48-53 points to have a chance

Top scorer – not dabbled but was tempted by 2 attacking midfielders in Sanchez and Hazard looked a reasonable bet e/w

Championship

title Boro 6/1 e/w and Derby 6/1 e/w

Top 6 finish – Ipswich 11/4 nap

top scorer – looked long and hard at this market but there were just too many I could make a case for.

League 2

Luton to be promoted 2/1

Top 7 finish – Notts County 9/4

Have doubled Luton and Ipswich in the above mentioned markets.

Shall be looking at Div 1 today

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

JUst been looking at the Prem top scorer

Beginning to fancy Aguero – if he could just drift to 7/2!!!!

Speculative maybe – Mitrovic at Newcastle. Lad appears to scores goals wherever he goes. Belguims top scorer for Anderlecht last season with 20. Scored against Arsenal in champions league. A longshot at 105/1

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Jordon Rhodes on discoveration that Blackburn have turned down Middlesboro’s offer to sign him.

I’m none too happy about this either!!

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Sorry

National 1

Grimsby 9/2 e/w

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Skybet have Rhodes 5/4 to be a Boro player before Sept 3rd and 7/4 to stay at Blackburn.
    Can we see him going anywhere else? If not you can back both for a guaranteed profit, small as it would be.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Well I popped into Paddy’s on the way to snooker this evening to use this free bet.
    My intention was Sanchez each way as Paddy had pushed him out to 20’s but no where on the terminal could I find any market for top scorer.
    I ended up doing a treble for the weekend with all three sides odds against but not without chances and these early games are a bit of a lottery with new signings bedding in and fitness playing a part.
    Liverpool have a poor enough record away at Stoke, I cant foresee it being 6-1 like the last game of last season but tend to find the bookies go to short on L’pool in these types of games on the whole.
    Norwich are newly promoted and these sides have the adrenalin of the Premier League and can get off to good starts the trouble comes when the injury’s set in and the back up squad isn’t good enough.
    Newcastle will be looking for a better start this season and with Southampton’s form of the last two seasons are a fair enough price.

Free bet £3.00

Stoke to beat Liverpool 21/10
    N’Castle to beat Southampton 8/5
    Norwich to beat Palace 6/4

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I’m not with Unibet but think this offer is not too shabby

Unibet – All customers

Place a £30 pre-season outright bet on the Premier League top goalscorer and every time they score two or more in a league game, we will give you a £5 bet!

How to take part

1. Opt-In
    2. Place a single £30 outright bet on the top Premier League goalscorer market for 2015/16
    3. Get a £5 free bet every time they score twice or more in the league!

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

After searching different angles and looking for value in league 1 it was staring at me at the top of the market all the time

Sheff Utd 4/1 e/w (extra place)

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

3 bets in the Prem top scorer market

Aguero 3/1
    Savers Hazard 25/1 e/w, Sanchez 20/1 e/w never backed attacking midfielders in this market before but can’t find anything underneath Aguero who I can’t pick holes in

Dependant on what type of season Everton have Lakaku looks too big at 40’s.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,028 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.