The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The 3 Dicks

Home Forums Horse Racing The 3 Dicks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TimJames
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Wonder whether there’s any animosity between them at the moment ? I’ve sighted a few of my failed selections more than I’ve sighted Dickie Snr. RH suggesting he was being scapegoated and taking all the flak and then Junior referring to a winner as ‘his’, which must have really pleased Papa.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Possibly.
    A Right Royal blank last year would have had them under pressure before the 5 days began. Toronado and Montiridge would have been frustrating going so close although they must have been happy with both efforts. Oriel and Championship’s runs would have been blows but I’m sure with yesterdays Group 1 would have cheered them up somewhat. I think Hannon SR is taking a bit of a backseat anyway in process of the reins being slowly handed over.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 20

Isn’t the yard split in two, a bit like the Baldings did with Kingsclere before Ian retired. The son basically trains half of them, dad the other. He said at least once before that Sky Lantern is in "his yard". Obviously senior has been around, but if that’s how they’re operating, it’s only fair to let junior go up for the presentation.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Yeah there is 2 yards Herridge and Everleight, Toronado switched after the Guineas, would be good to know which horses were in what yard as one yard could be in better form than the other. Hannon Snr stayed at home yesterday apparently he bent over to pick up a lucky penny off the floor and split his trousers….. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.