The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

That's Another Fine Mess

Home Forums Horse Racing That's Another Fine Mess

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

You have more history of clashing with other forum members than me and I wonder why that might be.

You are obsessed with following me about this forum. I am sure other members can see that quite clearly.

I believe you are a flawed character with obsessive behaviour issues.

Pot calling kettle?

Perhaps members can take a look at the string of negative responses on the Arc thread after I put up Order Of St George. Even to the point of replying to a post I had clearly aimed at someone else.

Not you again.

Another serial complainer.

What is the purpose of you visiting this thread?

This thread is about Roger Charlton and his questionable placing.

What is your opinion on THAT matter?

If you are here solely to stir the **** pot again then you must be pretty sad about the fact that I find Order Of St George a bad bet for the Arc.

The thread about the Arc is there for anyone to pass their opinion on. It’s not a private conversation.

If you don’t have an opinion on the topic of this thread, then why are you here?

Same old faces, same old pish time after time. Get a life.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Looking for easier races is not a process I like for the preparation of Classic contenders. Confidence should be king.

…And yet you did not want Fair Eva to race in a race she was 4/11 fav, in case she had a hard race Steve. :unsure:

The horse doesn’t know what price She is Ginge. She is running on a fast 6f track at a speed quicker than ideal, she could win at 1/100 and still have a hard race.

Any horse whether 1/100 or 100/1 may end up having a hard race Nathan, we can never be sure. However, we can look at probabilities. ie One major reason a horse starts at a short price is form. In contrast to long-priced or even medium-priced horses – invariably one of the major reasons a horse is a short price is its form is a long way clear of race rivals… And it stands to reason those whose form is a long way clear of its rivals is more likely to win without having a hard race.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Ginge you are becoming like Charlton
    just hold your hands up and say you got it wrong

Wrong about what Nathan?
    I did not believe Fair Eva a good bet for the Lowther, either day of race or ante-post. Did think it worth connections going for the Lowther, as it was obvious she had an excellent chance of winning. If a filly with only a Group 3 to her name has a 40%+ chance of winning a Group 2 race – go for it I say. Of course that does not mean the horse will win. It beats missing the race in favour of another where ground could be against her…

If she’d missed both Lowther and Moyglare nobody would dare blame Charlton… would they? Well, we know that’s not true from this thread (Time Test). 😆

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

If seeing vehement criticism of a trainer, jockey, horse, or other that I believe is wrong, misinformed or hypocritical (or all three as here) then I have the right to say so Steve. You just happen to be the main culprit, probably because you’re the most prolific poster.

Claiming I want the last word in the hope of getting away with personal insults won’t wash. Once again, you’ve gone OTT with criticiam of a racing insider and can’t take criticism of that racing opinion.

Believe the rules of TRF say we should keep the talk to racing itself. If agreeing or disagreeing with any of my horse racing opinions I welcome comments, but please keep it to horse racing and stop the personal insults.

You called me a hypocrite. That’s a personal insult. Then you write the above highlighted section. Ironic hypocrisy or what?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

If seeing vehement criticism of a trainer, jockey, horse, or other that I believe is wrong, misinformed or hypocritical (or all three as here) then I have the right to say so Steve. You just happen to be the main culprit, probably because you’re the most prolific poster.

Claiming I want the last word in the hope of getting away with personal insults won’t wash. Once again, you’ve gone OTT with criticiam of a racing insider and can’t take criticism of that racing opinion.

Believe the rules of TRF say we should keep the talk to racing itself. If agreeing or disagreeing with any of my horse racing opinions I welcome comments, but please keep it to horse racing and stop the personal insults.

You called me a hypocrite. That’s a personal insult. Then you write the above highlighted section. Ironic hypocrisy or what?

I called you a hypocrite because two racing opinions you gave about Fair Eva/Charlton seem to me hypocritical. And that was meant in the way a freind might say “Oh Steve, you’re such a hypocrite”.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Steve, you’re such a hypocrite trying to take credit for what you said.

You’ve just thrown personal insults that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my racing opinions and in a very unfreindly way. I have not quoted your outburst because I still believe you’ll have the decency to delete and we can then forget about it.

Value Is Everything
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

i still think it was the going that done fair eva.lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

i still think it was the going that done fair eva.lol

Looking at her fluent action nwalton, Fair Eva should be suited by a firmish surface. Personally, I’d be a little worried if soft were in the title coming in to the 1000.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

We have learned that Nathan talks bull and the Jac knows less about horses and trainers than Juddmonte.

It’s also OK to make personal insults if it’s done in a “Friendly Way”

With that in mind, Ginger, you are an arsehole.

Now by that, I mean it in a “Hey Ginger, you really are an arrogant arsehole old bean” type way and not in an anything at all unfriendly type way.

That makes it all right then. So toodle pip me old china.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

just didn’t pick up on it imo and looked to be feeling it a little(could be wrong,as usual) but notice the dam never really went on it.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Loving the banter boys. You are all arseholes as far as I am concerned 😉

nwalton – you could be right but I think history will show that she was simply up against two quicker fillies. I would be amazed if Fair Eva ever ran over 6f again and I would be amazed if the two that beat her over 6f would beat her over further. To be fair connections weren’t trying to make excuses for her but I also can’t help thinking she wasn’t helped by racing away from the main field. Don’t lose the faith – she is still a special filly this one.

In the long run I don’t think the Lowther will have done her any harm. She was always going to have 4 races this term and she still is – it’s just that the next one will be at home rather than Ireland. I think the Rockfel is ultimately the better race for her especially as the ground at the Curragh is currently yielding. She will get valuable match practice at Newmarket as well.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

If she’d missed both Lowther and Moyglare nobody would dare blame Charlton… would they? Well, we know that’s not true from this thread (Time Test).

You can’t be serious
    One is a four year old the other a two year old with two runs prior to the Lowther under her belt. As a fav for the Guineas the horse should be looked after to the extent of running in races where conditions won’t mentally scar her.

It’s an easy group 2…. So what.?
    The Guineas is a bloody group 1 and Charlton should be doing his best for the horse regard getting there. Horses are not machines (Time Test)

I agree with nwalton regard the going to the Lowther on a quick surface at a sharp track it was too quick.
    At Newmarket on Guineas day over a mile a quick surface would be perfect.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Think if that Gosden tool that won today Coronet, goes for the Rockfel or the Fillies mile she’ll be the one they’ll all have to beat.

Looked seriously impressive to me and definitely one for the 1000 guineas shortlist.

Actually i think there’s a lot more strength in depth with the two year old fillies than the colts.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

that could well be the answer joni(that she was just up against two quicker fillies)there was something just ‘missing’ maybe the quicker track didn’t help against the 1st and 2nd

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

We have learned that Nathan talks bull and the Jac knows less about horses and trainers than Juddmonte.

It’s also OK to make personal insults if it’s done in a “Friendly Way”

With that in mind, Ginger, you are an arsehole.

Now by that, I mean it in a “Hey Ginger, you really are an arrogant arsehole old bean” type way and not in an anything at all unfriendly type way.

That makes it all right then. So toodle pip me old china.

Yes, Nathan does imo talk some “bull” about racing, am sure he thinks the same about me. I was answering a question Jac asked, she doesn’t know as much about the horses and triners as Juddmonte, but she’s entitled to an opinion. As are you about anything to do with racing. 😉

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

I agree with nwalton regard the going to the Lowther on a quick surface at a sharp track it was too quick.
    At Newmarket on Guineas day over a mile a quick surface would be perfect.

That’s something we can agree on Nathan. :good: Although could still be just an off day, if we’re looking for evidence it appeared she did not to have enough speed. Had it been on the soft side at York though, imo wouldn’t have suited/wouldn’t have run, her action being better suited by a sound surface.

Value Is Everything
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

i still wouldn’t want it rattling newmarket quick ground come may.Going into dip could be a problem,but as said be wrong many times before,but not on this one.lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Loving the banter boys. You are all arseholes as far as I am concerned ;)

I’d quote and agree with you Joni, if it wasn’t for the fear of being accused again of “obsessional behaviour“. Oops, I just did. 😉

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.