The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Teofilo ruled out

Home Forums Horse Racing Teofilo ruled out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 755

havent heard anything else just a toolbar headline.

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Bolger said in a statement: "Teofilo had a blow-out this morning at 6.30am over five furlongs and moved with his usual fluency.<br>"He gave every indication that he was fit and ready to run.<br>"Unfortunately at 9.00am there was excessive heat, and some soreness at the back of his off-fore knee when palpated.<br>"After discussions with my senior staff, I have decided that it would not be prudent to run him in Saturday’s Stan James 2000 Guineas.<br>"Consequently, I shall not be declaring him for the race.<br>"My staff and I have made every effort to have Teofilo fit and well for the first Classic of 2007 but must now accept that a cautious approach is the correct way to go as more serious damage could be done if subjected to a race at this time.<br>"A further press release on his condition will be issued in two weeks."

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

All the drifting on betfair and previous rumours must have just been coincidental then.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 755

Thats a great shame there has been so much anticipation and He has been a leading contender<br>for so long.<br>Thats racing.

Sorry for starting this thread as its covered in the Guineas thread.<br>Can I suggest we reconvene there? :biggrin:

(Edited by sporting sam at 10:45 am on May 3, 2007)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Gutted..

Takes the gloss off the race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Quote: from Alderbrook on 10:40 am on May 3, 2007[br]All the drifting on betfair and previous rumours must have just been coincidental then.<br>

Or maybe not?<br>The injury appears to be exactly the same one that threatened his participation 2 weeks ago. Suppose we should have known when Ladbrokes had him at top price all week?<br>A crying shame; let’s hope he recovers completely.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Gorgeous George on 11:23 am on May 3, 2007[br]Am new to the forum but have been an avid reader since my company moved to our new office and my computer is no longer facing our MD.

LOL and welcome to the forum George (if that IS your real name!)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Yes, a very warm welcome, George!:cool:

Colin

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Welcome to the forum George.

Read this, have you ever heard such smarmy nonsense:

His Ladbrokes counterpart David Williams echoed those views, saying: "There’s no way it can be dressed up any differently – the Teofilo news is horrendous.

"We laid bundles at 5-2 during the past week and all the momentum was with Jim Bolger’s colt. Punters must now feel crushed.

"Coupled with Holy Roman Emperor’s withdrawal earlier this year, it’s the ultimate double whammy.

I’m sure they’re really feeling it.. It must be impossible for the bookmakers to lose now on this race.. :angry:

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

So now Teofilo has gone Tabor has the first two in the betting and neither of them is trained by O’Brien!!!

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

My luck with antepost betting just doesn’t get any better :(

Its a huge shame that Teofilo will not get the chance to go for the Triple Crown, I thought it had a chance – thats another bet the bookies were laying that they can now go to bank.

Maybe, just maybe, Strategic Prince has a bit of a squeak now though. (I told you last year to lump on at 50/1 ;))

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Sad news. You cant help wondering if we will see him again

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

There was presumably substance behind the rumours of a fortnight ago when the horse took a massive drift on the exchanges. Corals have removed Teofilo from their ante post Derby list so it seems we may not see him race again.<br>The Guineas have been a disaster for ante post backers with Holy Roman Emperor rushed off to stud in utterly bizarre circumstances

threenapsthreenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

Just noticed that Paddy Power have refunded my antepost bet on Teofilo. I don’t know if any others will do the same. I doubt it somehow.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Yes I saw that too – a nice touch.

(From the RP site) – Paddy Power felt “so embarrassedâ€ÂÂ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.