The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Templegate and SunRatings

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Templegate and SunRatings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

I have recently made selections for T.V. races(C4 or BBC) using a new method I thought up when I had nothing to do, I’ve made a bit of profit aswell.<br>Firstly regardless of the price of any horse the stake on the bet must always stay the same.<br>I choose my bets in the following way:<br>Without looking at any tipsters fancies or horses prices I study the form and make my selection for each T.V. race, once I have done this I look at what Templegate and SunRatings have selected, if both have selected the same horse as me I will bet that horse in a win single, if neither or just one of them has agreed with me I won’t bet on that race. Make a note of all bets placed and create a profit or loss chart to keep a note of your progress, if you don’t have much luck to begin with persevere and chances are you’ll hit a few in close succession. Remember only go with a selection which is in a three way agreement i.e. You, Templegate and SunRatings 99*, both of which you can find in the Sun.<br>My selections will be different to everybody elses most of the time basically because we all have different ideas of what horse we think will win. Good luck, hope this hasn’t bored you senseless.;)

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Hi Deadly,

Do you just use the Sun TV formguide to make your own selection before looking at Templegate and Sun Ratings, or do you have some preferences such as;

horses that won/placed last time,  course winner, ridden by a particular jockey, favourite trainer, position in the betting etc.

Dolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Can’t help thinking –  instead of looking at the form, making your selections then only backing them if Templegate & Sunratings agree with you:-

It would be quicker to look at the horses Templegate and Sunratings agree on then see if you agree. A lot less races and work to do methinks.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

Dolus, the only problem with that is it tends to influence my selection, I agree it is a painstaking process.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

Artemis, I usually buy the Racing Post for reading form and Trainer/Jockey records, there is a lot more substance there than in the Sun. Thankyou for the reply.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Deadlysins,

The reason I ask is because many people find the RP too expensive to buy every day or too time-consuming to read. I don’t particularly care much for the Sun with regard to news and views, but it has always made an effort(despite space restrictions) with the racing pages. I’m sure there are many reasonable and logically derived systems that can be applied using only limited information. Anyone betting for interest only might be quite happy to use such a method, rather than do as I do, and spend a few hours with the RP. Is there anyone out there who has a simple method based only on a tabloid daily? Probably the best I’ve come across is to follow top-rated 3yos in all non-handicaps at 8f or more from 1st April to the 31st July, using Formcast in the Daily Mail. It showed a small profit when I used to monitor it.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

Good point mate, it can be expensive buying the Post everyday and I completely agree about the Sun, it is by far my favourite paper for racing and sport in general, the Saturday columns are good too, its simple format is ideal for your everyday punter aswell. I’ll keep an eye on your system too. Cheers mate.

Dolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Deadly Sins

I suppose the way round that is to give someone else the list of races and ask them which ones Templegate & Sunratings agree on without telling you the selection.

Now I suppse you will say that you live on your own & your dog can’t read :biggrin:

Instead of you reading the form and making a selection only do races that Templegate, Sunratings & Tom Pepper agree on, or any other permutation you can think of.

Factorman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 391

If there is sufficient time to study form then it really is a quite pleasant way to spend an hour or three, the approach set out by "Deadly" fulfills the requirements for a system/method for this section of the forum.

Good luck to you Deadly

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

As systems go, I have seen worse and if you have the time to study all form etc. its worth a try. Thanks for all the replys guys.;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.