The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Centenary chase

SELECTION- CARLITO BRIGANTE 12/1

,my confidence has been blown around like the swirls of Snow but I’ll take a place now,he could have been a certainty on Good ground,I just hope his class gets him home now…Bloody Weather! :twisted: I wont be betting against him though!

Medium 3 figure losses unfortunately as I really fancied this fellow but the ground was always going to be a concern from an Ante-Post perspective

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Day 2

4 miler

SELECTION- BACK IN FOCUS 12/1

,I’m expecting a victory here and will be dissapointed if he fails!

Small 4 figure profit but a Great way to start day 2 with a 12/1 winner backed into 2/1.a Grand National horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Neptune hurdle

SELECTION- RULE THE WORLD 12/1

I’m certainly expecting a place from this fellow and again will be amazed if he fails,a good form boost today through the ‘Supreme’.

Again the 12/1 helped,a fine 2nd place from a horse backed into 5/1 to ensure a High 3 figure profit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

RSA Chase

SELECTION- BOSTON BOB 10/1 and HADRIANS APPROACH 25/1

, I cant split this pair and again will be gutted if at least both aren’t placed,one should win!!

:twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Champion chase

SELECTION- SANCTUAIRE 20/1 and 6/1 without the Fav. SOMERSBY 8/1 without the fav

are my 2 interest bets,I’ll take a 3rd place now on ‘Sanctuaire’ at the price now though!

A small 3 figure loss,wasted money in hindsight!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Coral Cup

SELECTION- PENDRA 7/1

Is my selection in this.

A race that neither showed a profit nor loss,My ante-Post wagers on ‘GMOOH’ and ‘Pendra were covered by

Ericht

placing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Champion Bumper

SGT RECKLESS

Is my interest bet in this just because its a ‘Radford’ horse!

A mere £50 win bet lost!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Day3

The Jewson

SELECTION- CAPTAIN CONAN 5/1

, I hold this horse in the highest regard and wont hear of defeat…even with ‘Dynaste’ in it!

A medium 3 figure loss from a horse I expected more from,he came there with a challenge and blatantly failed to stay.I layed ‘Dynaste’ in running at 1/2 though!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Pertemps final

SELECTION- SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR 10/1

, Is my selection in this and a place will do.

A small 3 figure profit for running a place at 10/1,again returned well shorter!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Ryanair chase

SELECTION- FIRST LIEUTENANT 14’s down

,I have never had so many Ante-Post bets on one horse but this fellow has been my Cheltenham Banker for sometime if he ran in this,he’d have been placed in the Gold Cup for sure but this will do for me.I wont hear of defeat,he’s a certainty!

Albertas Run

has had my support e/w too at 14/1 obviously as he’s a Star and will make them all go!

A medium 3 figure profit from a horse I was expecting far more use made from him!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

World hurdle

SELECTIONS- GET ME OUT OF HERE 20/1 and OSCAR WHISKEY 10’s down

, the ground has come right for these 2 old adversarys but when it comes to loyalty it will be GMOOH who I’ll be shouting for,a race to savour!

Small/medium 3 figure losses

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Byrne plate

SELECTION- HUNT BALL 10’s down, CANTLOW 8/1 and CALGARY BAY 33/1

,this race has turned into a bit of a conundrum for me as I really wanted just ‘Hunt Ball’ to run but bloody Paul Webbers put the spanner in it by entering one of my festival bankers in it and of course I cant not bet my old pal ‘Calg’.there’s 4 places up for grabs so I’ll take 3 of them!

Never got a penny on Cantlow for this but any returns from Hunt Ball placing didn’t recover small 3 figure losses on JP’s horses other failed entries I backed him for.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Kim Muir

SELECTION- ALFIE SHERRIN 20’s down

,I’ve fancied this fellow for sometime for this and have been backing him regularly at 20’s down,he’s as confident a selection as my previous 2 winners of the race ‘Junior’ and ‘Sunnyhill boy’ and I expect a victory,

Harry the Viking

is my danger and I’ve also snaffled 20/1 about him too.

Small 4 figure profit from a horse I have been backing for weeks for this at 20/1 down and one I bet in running at 60’s and 34’s,he ran with credit and a Grand National beckons!Small losing wagers on ‘Harry’ accomodated.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Day 4

Triumph hurdle

SELECTION- ROLLING STAR 6’s down

,A one horse book for me here and I wont be backing anything else against this smart young horse.

Medium 3 figure losses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

County hurdle[/]

SELECTION- COTTON MILL 10/1

I’ve backed nothing else in this wide open as usual event!

Small 3 figure losses!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Albert Bartlett

SELECTION- AT FISHERS CROSS 6/1

I still think this fellows a good thing even though my good things keep getting placed only!!

A medium 4 figure profit from one of my Bankers of the week,backed from 12/1 Ante-Post,I jumped on at 6/1 which was still huge compared to 11/8!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gold Cup

SELECTION- CAPE TRIBULATION 33/1

I sometimes feel I’m the only one who gives this horse a chance but that wont put me off,I’ve backed this fellow all the way down from 33’s to 14’s and imo he’s still e/w value,incredible price really for a horse who will be delivered late and fast! :wink:

High 3 figure losses on both ‘First Lieutenant’ and ‘Cape Tribulation’ created a medium 4 figure loss,even with a small/medium 3 figure victory on ‘Bobs Worth’ at 20/1 Hennessey/Gold Cup double,it was a disaster!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.