The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

T P Queally

Home Forums Horse Racing T P Queally

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

TP Queally, a young jockey tying to mover up from apprentice to regular winning jockey had 3 winners at York on Friday.<br> He was recently hauled before the stewards and suspended for not making sufficient effort riding a horse for Henry Cecil.<br>There was no indication that he did or did not followed the instructions given to him by his trainer. The trainer was not suspended. I noticed in the Racing Post that he continues to do morning work for Henry. So Henry could not have been too displeased with his ride that particular day. Did Queally take the fall for his trainer?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from andyod on 7:33 am on May 20, 2007[br]TP Queally, a young jockey tying to mover up from apprentice to regular winning jockey had 3 winners at York on Friday.<br> He was recently hauled before the stewards and suspended for not making sufficient effort riding a horse for Henry Cecil.<br>There was no indication that he did or did not followed the instructions given to him by his trainer. The trainer was not suspended. I noticed in the Racing Post that he continues to do morning work for Henry. So Henry could not have been too displeased with his ride that particular day. Did Queally take the fall for his trainer?

Yes, as said on previous thread Andy, and he has the missfortune of riding for that w**k
    er Barney Curley, which automatically puts him in the HRA’s line of sight. Best thing this talented jockey would do is get away from that w**k
    er alltogether.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I don’t think Queally is forced to ride for Curley.

Colin

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from seabird on 8:15 am on May 20, 2007[br]I don’t think Queally is forced to ride for Curley.

Colin

No, bird, but it was Curley who brought him over to these shores.<br>If I will say one thing positive about the w**k
    er, he certainly knows a talented jockey when he see’s one.<br>Spencer springs to mind.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Seabird<br>I believe Queally was riding for Henry when he was suspended. As to what instructions he got and if he followed them we will never know. Conveniently enough Henry was not part of the enquiry.Incidentally I believe Queally is at least as talented as Spencer if not more so. I believe he finished his apprenticeship at Ballydoyle. A young lad striving to advance his career is not always in the financial position to refuse to ride for individual owners

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Andy,

I was replying to Madman’s post saying that Tom had the misfortune of riding for Curley.

I think Tom is getting enough rides without getting involved with the Curley operation, after all, how many runners does Mr. Curley have?

Colin

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Watching Qually ride on a regular basis for the last 18 months, it comes as no surprise to me that he has found himself on the receiving end of such bans.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

quote Madman Marz<br>Yes, as said on previous thread Andy, and he has the missfortune of riding for that w**k er Barney Curley, which automatically puts him in the HRA’s line of sight. Best thing this talented jockey would do is get away from that w**k er alltogether.

Quote Madman Marz

No, bird, but it was Curley who brought him over to these shores. <br>If I will say one thing positive about the w**k er, he certainly knows a talented jockey when he see’s one. <br>Spencer springs to mind. <br>——————————————————————–<br>Nothing like a balanced approach to get your views across. :) <br>

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I see Eddie riding for Henry at York what happened to Tom?

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

He’s had the day off to help Barney go around and collect.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

Queally is serving a ban for careless riding at Ascot on April 28th :

The Stewards held an enquiry into two possible incidents of interference inside the final two furlongs. In the first incident around two furlongs out they found that CORPORAL MADDOX, ridden by TOM QUEALLY, placed second, had interfered with MON CADEUX, ridden by WILLIAM BUICK, placed third. They found QUEALLY in breach of Rule (B)54.1 and guilty of Careless Riding in that he manoeuvred right through an insufficient gap. They suspended him for two days as follows: Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th May 2010.

He has another three days off the 1000Gns ride starting on Sunday.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Thank you apracing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.