The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

SURPRISE SYSTEM

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems SURPRISE SYSTEM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Hi People,<br>I’m a new member and this is my first post of a system that I came across in a Fineform book.

It’s called the surprise system and can be used with any newspaper, providing it gives details of claiming jockey’s in handicap races.

The rules are simple:<br>Back the two claiming jockey’s (3lb & 5lb only) in handicaps only, that are nearest the bottom of the racecard. Do not include conditional, claiming, amateur races.

This week’s records are as follows:<br>Monday 09/02/04, 4 races, 8 selections, 2 winners (3/1 & 5/1).

Tuesday 10/02/04, 8 races, 14 selections, 2 winners (25/1 & 2/1).

Wednesday 11/02/04, 10 races, 16 selections, 2 winners (14/1 & 7/1).

Thursday 12/02/04, 8 races, 16 selections, 2 winners (9/2 & 4/1).

Friday 13/02/04, 5 races, 8 selections, no winners.

total: 62 selections, returns 72.50 pts = 10.50 pts profit.

A couple of thing’s I noticed however was that if you stopped backing selections once you had made a profit on each day, the profit for the five days would have increased to 34.50 pts. Also on the Tuesday the tote paid, if I remember correctly 50.25 for a win on the 25/1 winner.

There were also 3 good priced placed horses at 16/1, 50/1 & 25/1. To stake e/w all of the time would need a very large bank. The results above were for win only. I also don’t believe it is worth doing this system on a Saturday, as generally the racing is of a higher class and more competitive.

Anyway I’m going to monitor this system over the next few weeks and I’ll post the results each week.

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Welcome cashani.:wave:

Results so far look promising.

Good luck for today.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Cheers Matron.

Just out of curiosity I’m checking today’s racing. Like I said previously, I’m not a big fan of saturday racing, but we’ll see how we go.

There are 5 meetings, including wolverhampton tonight.

This gives us 12 races, with a total of 22 selections.<br>I’ll post the results either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Good luck.

Paul

cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Here is a saturday update!

9 races so far, 3 races tonight at wolverhampton.<br>17 selections, No Winners.

There was in the second race however at Haydock (1.55), Brewster coming in 4th at 66/1. Tote paid 10.90 for the place.

I think it will show over the next few weeks that selections on a saturday are a big downer!<br>Racing during the week I believe is better for this system. The racing during the week is of a lower grade, which gives the lower class of horse a better chance of doing well, we will see in due course.

So tonight there are 3 races at wolverhampton, with 5 selections:

7.00: Spy Gun<br>8.30: Yorker & No Grouse<br>9.30: Lord Gizzmo & E Minor

cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Well folks!<br>They all died a death. The overall profit for the week however is still 12.50 pts, if that makes me feel any better, not!

I’ll be kicking it off again on Monday and leaving the weekend racing well alone.

cashani

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Ur system just picked me a 25/1 winner (Copper Shell) in the 4.00- I don`t know if the claim was 5lbs or 7lbs but who cares! Nice one Cashani!

cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Copper shell was a 5lb claimer. The system also gave a 12/1 winner in the 3.40 at southwell (Magic Glade).<br>In total there were 14 selections today. The two winners would have given a tasty a 25pt profit.<br>Yesterday gave us 5 selections with no winners.

On a quick footnote regarding today, 3 further selections were placed at 8/1, 11/1 & 16/1.

Here’s till tomorrow.

padman
    • Total Posts 448

:biggrin: :biggrin:

cashani
    • Total Posts 6

Here is the latest update.

Yesterday Wednesday gave us 20 selections with only one winner at 5/2.<br>Today there were 11 selections, giving us one winner again at 25/1.

This gives us a profit of 18.50pts for the week so far, backing all selections win only.

padman
    • Total Posts 448

I started to do this with VERY small stakes on the 1st March.  The odds I am taking are on Betfair so I am hoping for a few nice priced winners. I did have one come 2nd at over 70/1

Very long losing run at the mo. I will let you know tonight how the figures look.

Hoping for a good day.

<br>Paul

padman
    • Total Posts 448

As it is Friday and no bets on Saturday, I thought I would give you my findings so far.

107 bets<br>3 wins 13/1 12/1 3/1 Betfair prices<br>100 pt bank 1/4pt stake on each.<br>Bank stands at 81.08 -18.92.<br>Pretty crap at the mo.<br>Will keep you posted.

Paul

Maximum
    • Total Posts 21

:) Hi Guys,

The Surprise system was actually released in 1982 and there are TWO more parts to it.

The one mentioned in this thread is not the best part. I have used the main part of the system to creat my own very succesful system. You really ought to have the full system.

I bought the system when it was first released at £15. Anyone wanting to know the other two parts can have them for nothing.

You will need to give your e-mail address as I am not publishing someone else’s system, especially Fineform systems; that Clive Holt gets very annoyed.

You can contact me by e-mail: <br>Maximum

Contact through the internal mail system please.

E-mail if put up will be "spammed".

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:<br>

(Edited by Matron at 4:21 pm on Mar. 20, 2004)

Maximum
    • Total Posts 21

Sorry about the e-mail Matron, I just like to be open and contactable; should have checked. It won’t happen again.

Maximum (embarassed).

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

No problems.

Your e-mail address might been flooded with "spam" with every "tipster" trying to sell your their wares.:o :o

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

(Edited by Matron at 9:23 pm on Mar. 20, 2004)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.