The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Supreme Novices Hurdle 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Hes gonna need loads of runs to be streetwise enough for a supreme

Might come too soon for him

Couldn’t have him at this stage

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 543

Yeah I often wonder why they don’t just let those keen types just bowl along, I know they have the risk of going off far too quick but I’d rather that than pull them the whole way. I think they do it to try and help him learn to settle and basically teach him to become better. So I guess they raced him like that with the long term in mind rather than that particular race. Don’t like making excuses for long odds on shots as you really shouldn’t but there was a lot wrong with that debut and clearly will be much better in future but the bubble has burst a little but not completely

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

I don’t think Henderson would not run him just because his future is in the future.
    Having said that even My Tent or Yours had more experience at this stage and he’d take a hard pull at any pace

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

Henderson wrote in his blog that his schooling had been excellent

Member since March 2008
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Ballyadam clearly has a lot of ability

Will need to get a bit slicker at his hurdles if hes going to win this though

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Elliot said post race this is definitely ballyadams target

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 868

Yep FF91, music to my ears. No hesitation, no pause, Ballyadam comes here. I’ve covered for the Ballymore just in case, but its excellent news for my book

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Ive not seen a quote that he’s deffo coming here Ff91? Where did you see it?

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Interview on Racingtv

I am going to be trying to get a nice double rolling on to ferny hollow

I feel having ballyadam and ferny on side at big prices is a strong position to be in at this stage

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Ted Walsh apparently said on RTE that the bookmakers quoting 13-2 about Ballyadam for the Supreme following his Royal Bond Novice Hurdle victory should “be thrown into jail for robbing”.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 868

I wouldn’t be rushing to take 13/2 but its certainly not criminal. Ted Walsh is always saying stuff like this – the other day in the RP he said Flyingbolt would ‘have eaten Arkle’ :yahoo:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2533

Rumours that ferny is injured

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

Magic Tricks made a pleasing hurdling debut for Gordon Elliott Saturday in a race that’s been known to throw up a decent type or two. Seems he may have gone under the radar and 33/1 is freely available, although quite how much is left once I’m through with him is another matter :yahoo:

@TomBarkley87

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2586

Agree with TW, ballyadam is a horrible price for this, division looks poor as of now (assuming theres still some to come out) and im guessing its for that reason hes as short as he is, because its not on what hes shown, the royal bond was a grade 1 by name but nowhere near in quality. So hes joint fav by default for me,

Id be avoiding him at all costs for now until after christmas in the FCNH at christmas

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 868

Ballyadam is 8/1 Ham, what price should he be in your opinion?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.