The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Viewing 10 posts - 307 through 316 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Backing horses at those prices who have never had their resolution tested on the racecourse is a one way road to the poorhouse. Wouldn’t blame the jockey at all. I’ll be taking a similar view about Saint Nick Abbey until he proves otherwise.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

On that ground he had faced today, was pretty much evident 2m was a bit much on the short side for Dunguib.

I’d say he wants soft if he ever wants to turn the form book with Menorah.

WelshWizard1973
    • Total Posts 185

Chaps,

Too easy to blame the jockey, didn’t think he did much wrong and Dunguib was just not good enough on the day.

Winning ‘egg and spoon’ races in Ireland is one thing but championship races at Cheltenham is another. Made a couple of mistakes at the 3rd and 5th hurdles today and that cost him.

I was at Leopardstown when he won the last day in February and he didn’t jump well then. Needs to brush up on his hurdling for me.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Go easy Welsh Wizard; that is exactly what they were saying about Sizing Europe two years ago. He finally won the big egg and spoon race at Cheltenham.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

I wonder if he will ever improve his hurdling sufficently. it can be quite an ask to do so

• Total Posts 2440

Today he jumped the best i have seen him jump, in terms of clearing flights, however, that said, he is too slow at his obsticles.

He sort of ‘slinks’ over them, looks awkward and loses ground on the rest.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Dunguib connections were too confident and sent a boy on a man’s errand. I guess that is the price you pay.Based on today’s race Peddlers Cross must be a good thing tomorrow.

turner07
    • Total Posts 7

I’ll be taking the 10/1 on next years champion hurdle for Dunguib. Didn’t go on the ground today and considering he’d have been 3/1 had he won today I think 10/1 looks huge. Wasn’t disgraced and ran a decent race, finished a few lengths off the winner after losing countless lengths staying wide to aid his jumping. Polish that up and if we get a bit of rain this time next year, I think I’ll have more than made up for my loss today.

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

Chaps,

Too easy to blame the jockey, didn’t think he did much wrong and Dunguib was just not good enough on the day.

Winning ‘egg and spoon’ races in Ireland is one thing but championship races at Cheltenham is another. Made a couple of mistakes at the 3rd and 5th hurdles today and that cost him.

I was at Leopardstown when he won the last day in February and he didn’t jump well then. Needs to brush up on his hurdling for me.

I agree with this. Although it peeved me that Menorah won as he couldnt win an egg and spoon race last time………easy to blame a muddling pace……absolute rubbish that……Its on the day as you say

detroit orchid
    • Total Posts 64

he was "given a greville" alright

o’connell disappointed him a couple of times during the race, taking a tug when he didnt need to

i think they would have learned a lot today about him and all the pre race bollocks about his jumping was bollocks cause he jumped super

10/1 for next years champion?

smash em up

Viewing 10 posts - 307 through 316 (of 316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.