The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sunday selections

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Sunday selections

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Anyone got any fancies for today?

Really looking forward to seeing George Washington at Goodwood. He shouldn’t really have much trouble desposing of his rivals Soviet Song is the only horse at her very best I could see getting within a couple of lengths of the O’Brien horse if he’s anywhere near on song. Will be odds on though the favourite and not worth a bet.

The bet for me today runs at the Curragh. BLESSYOURPINKSOX should be very difficult to beat in the 3.10 Listed event.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

A fascinating day’s racing for a Sunday!<br> ‘Talking horse’ Cumin runs in the prestige Stakes over the same c/d as his previous easy win. Will any of the unexposed types take him on for the lead?<br> Good luck to those who bet him, a race to watch imo.<br> George Washington makes his reappearance, but, with 3 gp1’s under his belt, this looks more a finding out mission than one he would be trained to the minute for. Soviet Song showed signs of returning to her best lto, and in her ideal circumstances should at least give him a fright.<br> The Beverley Bullet gives Quito the chance to build on his already impressive record if the ground is soft enough, if it isn’t Tax Free could be the one to benefit.<br> Only 1 bet for me today though, Pearly King in the big handicap, who has an outstanding chance at a very backable price.<br>Have a good day.:)

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

I really like the Boti two year old Sesmen in the Prestige who won a competitive event at Nottingham last time out in the style of a decent horse.<br>10/1 looks decent ew value.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I will be having an e/w bet on Hout Bay 4.40 Beverley.

:cool:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Think there may be one last hurrah left in TAPAU, and the 2.55 at Yarmouth today might just be it.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

traynor
    • Total Posts 49

Saratoga Sunday 27 August<br>R01 <br>999 #2 Fete <br>982 #1A FavoriteSong <br>970 #3 StantheMan

R02 <br>999 #1A PrincessLangfuhr <br>968 #2 Dreamstuff <br>952 #4 Litethenight

R03 <br>999 #1 EndlessVirtue <br>982 #5 ABitofPressure <br>964 #2 ChampagneTruffles

R04 <br>999 #3 Provincetown <br>980 #2 Gryffindor <br>954 #8 GloryforGold

R05 <br>999 #1 SunShower <br>976 #8 OurRyannsXpress <br>956 #4 HattaFlower

R06 <br>999 #1 SarahSunshine <br>976 #8 PattiTiff <br>958 #5 Jetastik

R07 <br>999 #2 PleasantHill <br>972 #4 Bemused <br>951 #6 SouthernSass

R08 <br>999 #7 MamaTheresa <br>987 #3 SummerPalace <br>962 #1A GataVeloz

R09 <br>999 #5 MalibuMint <br>974 #3 StormyKiss <br>955 #4 DubaiEscapade

R10 <br>999 #6 WhyWorry <br>979 #7 ForestCode <br>956 #9 WinningToast

Good Luck

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Kinane will hardly put the gun to GW’s head today considering the lay off he is coming back from and the bigger targets coming up in the near future. He could well out class them but he is certainly vunerable today.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Agree that George Washington could well be vulnerable today. Plenty has to be taken on trust for those that back him at odds on. Goodwood wouldn’t strike me as being his ideal course either.

One I like at Beverley in the 10f handicap there is Charlie Tokyo. It shaped very very well on his first start for Fahey at York, hampered several times and not given anything like a hard time once his chance had gone.  Next time at Epsom he lost all chance when taken out by Military Cross in the Stage Gift race. Have a feeling he may have been laid out for this and he looks well up to winning off this sort of mark. There is no 25/1 like forecast in the RP but 16’s looks fair.

Also think that Ebert should take plenty of beating at Goodwood. Frankie will be keen to atone for his balls up on this at Salisbury last week, a race he should have won and he’ll take the beating from just 4 lb higher.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Absolutely fascinating to see GW back in action. Fair play to connections and let’s hope he’s somewhere near his best. He may well need to be and I agree with those who think he may be vulnerable today.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I think Tommy Stacks Alexander Tango is overpriced in the Moly Glare today at around 12’s on betfair. She quickened up in her maiden very impressively and the last day she was tankin along 2 out but pulled too hard in the 1st half of the race to have a kick left at the end. She will come on for the run and she should at least reach a place.

I think Hills highly thought of filly Roclette is a big price to turn over Stoutes Leopard king in the 2.20 at Yarmouth. She has been very unlucky in her 3 starts with not 2 clear runs in her 1st 2 races and her saddle slipping the last day.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I Like the look of Alan Jarvis’s Italian Girl in the Prestige, She made a very impressive debut as she was well backed and found a bit of trouble but still quickened up well to win. Michael Tabor was also impressed becasue he bought her after the race. Cumin looks well short at 6/4 as i have backed her on every start and was glad to see her win the last day but she had the race run tosuit and won’t have it as easy today with Johnston’s filly leading.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Fascinating to see George Washington appearing today.<br>Full marks to connections for persisting with this temperamental sort.<br>He must be vulnerable today against Group 1 horses in this Group 2 after a layoff. Goodwood is also such an unconventional track.<br>Understand that connections are wary of getting him on to the course and he will be "ponied" to the start by another horse as they do in the US.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Yeessssss!! Thank god, Blessyourpinksox ends my losing drought :thumbup: .

Thought I was going to have to search through bins for scraps to eat if my run went on much longer.;)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Thanks EC. I’ve learned how to smile again and the dog is happy because it hasn’t had it’s arse kicked. ;) :biggrin:

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Well George Washington beaten, lost the race falling out of the stalls. No question he was the moral winner. Get on him next time. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.