Stayers Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Stayers Hurdle 2020

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by charlie87 charlie87 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Even this far out, Paisley Park looks rock solid at 3’s. He couldn’t have been more convincing when winning this.

The runner up that day, Sam Spinner, is going over fences, but when he does start off, I’ll be watching his jumping closely, as I can’t rule out the chance of him reverting to timber, and his current 33’s is too big.

Dallas Des Pictons ran very well in defeat in The Martin Pipe, and though he’s one I’m looking forward to over fences this year, having bet him for both The RSA and JLT, his jumping wasn’t 100%, and I just wonder if this’ll be an option.

The only other one who jumps out at me right now is Ballyandy. He’ll have to find loads of improvement, but I thought he hinted at more to come last year. Think we’ll get an answer one way or another on Saturday, when he takes in The Silver Trophy at Chepstow. He’s currently 40’s.

Couldn’t possibly bet anything just now with Paisley Park looking so dominant, but I’ll be keeping an eye on the situation with Sam Spinner.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

Eglantine Du Seuil. Stays hurdling, and is another potential horse for this or the mares for Mullins. I feel she’s one that might’ve gone under the radar ever so slightly, even though she ended up being the Mares Novice winner. As much as she didn’t look like winning the Punchestown race, she stayed on well vs very good geldings, so she has form in the book already to back up the MN win.

She’s not in the betting for this, and is 25s for the Mares. Given she was hammered by Honeysuckle, if Honeysuckle shows the same level this year combined with some of the other Mullin’s contenders, i don’t think it’s impossible she rocks up here.

Mullin’s has said she’s not the quickest mare in the world, so this has to be an option if she keeps progressing.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

I have been chipping away at Emitom over the last few months at 33/25 EW. Mostly 20’s now and as short as 12’s. I was very impressed with his run behind Champ at Aintree. He started the race a little keen but Sheehan quickly settled him out the back got him into a lovely rhythm, which was vital in his first test over 3m. He clearly relished the trip and Sheehan rode him like he knew he was on a good horse and he only found the older more experienced Champ too good. Not many 5 year old’s run in the Doom Bar Sefton Novices Hurdle and of those that do, its produced some very good horses. I expect them to work on his jumping and with more natural improvement to follow next season, I think he could be the one throwing it down to Paisley Park next season for sure.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

Charlie that’s not a bad shout- I was reading a trainer quote from Howards book last night + i am almost certain he said he’s been at Henrietta Knight’s to work a lot on his jumping. Also said he shows a lot more toe than their previous winner Cole Harden.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Ffs, you couldn’t write the script could you. Makes the case in the morning, done by the afternoon. Hello ante post betting my old friend, oh how I’ve missed you :-)

Sky Sports

Stayers’ Hurdle hopeful Emitom will not reappear until the new year after suffering a setback at home.

Trainer Warren Greatrex had set his sights on the three-mile prize at the Cheltenham Festival in March for his five-year-old, who has only been beaten once in six starts.

Emitom is a dual bumper winner and bagged three novice hurdles last term before finding only Champ too good when contesting an Aintree Grade One back in April.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.