The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stats required please

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Stats required please

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Does anyone know of a site that publishes a daily list of horses that are having their first run for a new stable?<br>I looked on the RP and SL, and all I could find was ‘Hot Trainers’ and all the usual guff.  Thanks.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>RD,

It’s in the print version of the Post under the heading Trainer Trace, so might be worth looking for that on the website.

AP

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I don’t buy the print ver, but I guess it will be in the News & Features PDF version :)<br>I’ll check it out.  Thanks Alan.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

This information is worth the cost of the paper every day. Without doubt I think it is the most under valued piece of information a punter has.

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi dj

why do you think this info. is so valuable?  I don’t doubt you, I am just interested in hearing your views.

cheers from<br>carlisle

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Carlisle

I think there are so many rank average/poor trainers that are perceived as being good/able. When these horses join trainers who I think are good trainers, so often the betting market underestimates it.

Although the market didn’t really underestimate it in the end a good recent example would be Thenford Star who won at Wincanton on Thursday. Handicapped on form for Dominic ffrench Davies, improved to defy that mark for Alan King.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

It’s given in the Mail under On The Move, and Trainer Switch in the Mirror.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Thanks Grimes.  The Mail section looks ideal :cheesy:

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from davidjohnson on 12:42 pm on Dec. 2, 2006[br]<br>Without doubt I think it is the most under valued piece of information a punter has.<br>

<br>HJ and I watched Berengario power home at Huntingdon a fortnight ago on his first run for Alan King, ex-Simon Burrough – a pretty major plus and bankable betting proposition if only we’d spotted it in time. Doh!!

"First run for Alison Thorpe" are five words that increasingly demand taking seriously, too.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

By far the most interesting one today is in the 2.30 at Huntingdon is Eden Linty who has left Wilf Storey after winning her bumper and makes a hurdling debut for Philip Hobbs.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Maybe someone who gets the mail ,daily , could carry out, say, a month’s exercise to see how "first for New Trainers’" horses’ perform.<br> Although limited. some sort of statistic could be formulated and maybe enhanced later.<br> I have no problems with DJ’s statement about "invaluable", but mentioning recent successes does not really help, so I hope a little research may support DJ’s earlier quote! :)

[PS: i win’t take the Mail on Political Grounds!!]<br>

regards,

doyley

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Doyley

This is no quick fix and a fool proof system. It has to be subjective. At this time of year, so many poor or badlt handicapped horses have been sold at the sales and will be starting out for new trainers.

For example, I’m not suggesting you should be backing those sold out of Stoute’s yard for a grand that David Chapman has picked up.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Quote: from doyley on 12:41 pm on Dec. 7, 2006[br]Hello,

Maybe someone who gets the mail ,daily , could carry out, say, a month’s exercise to see how "first for New Trainers’" horses’ perform.<br> Although limited. some sort of statistic could be formulated and maybe enhanced later.<br> I have no problems with DJ’s statement about "invaluable", but mentioning recent successes does not really help, so I hope a little research may support DJ’s earlier quote! :)

[PS: i win’t take the Mail on Political Grounds!!]

You don’t have to get the Mail to read the mail ;)<br>Take a look at <br>http://www.pressdisplay.com

You can have a free subscription that gives you access to your articles of choice each day :)<br>Just pick an article on the same page as the ‘On The Move’ section and you are sorted ;)<br>I use it for the racing form too, sometimes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.