The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

St Nicholas Abbey

Home Forums Memorials St Nicholas Abbey

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Just reported on ATR that he has an injury. No further details yet. <!– s:( –>:(<!– s:( –>

Participant
    • Total Posts 750

Sounds very serious and is career ending. Ballydoyle say vets are attending and they hope to save him.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Bit more news here:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … t7DaysNews

Hope he can be saved.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Best wishes to St Nic.

Such a shame, just hope he can recover for a future at stud.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Very sad news indeed. Took to this horse wholeheartedly during his during his juvenile campaign and was absolutely blown away when it came to his Racing Post Trophy success. Shame it didn’t work out for him next year with the Classics but I’m glad he went on to redeem him later in his career. I pray he pulls through ok now and gets to have a happy life at stud. All the best St Nic.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Stable have had a few training injuries recently haven’t they? Do hope he’ll be ok.

• Total Posts 614

You don’t know what to believe these days. The statement said ‘they hope to save him for stud’, which just about sums up the general lack of class at Ballydoyle. Try saving the horse to save his life first. He’s won them a good few quid. I wouldn’t be suprised if he was injured last week or something, and they kept the injury hidden to try and still scare off rivals. Perhaps he just wasn’t training well. After the same apparently happened to Camelot, i’m beginning to think ‘career threatening injury’ is going to be banded about more often in the future from them.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Come on Lone Wolf – what a load of nonsense, I don’t know where to start.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Here’s a snapshot of St. Nicholas Abbey I took as he was pulling up after the post in this year’s Cornonation Cup. Lovely horse and sad to see him go. Hope they manage to save him.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz321/cormack15a/StNic_zpsd8a3611c.jpg

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Just read this on RP Website and devastated.
    Let’s hope they pull out all the stops to get him better, will be watching out for more news on what the injury is and when it happened.
    Such a wonderful horse, the best that Coolmore has produced for a long time..Get well soon brave boy.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Whatever the outcome I’m glad that he came back and proved what a good horse he is. He must mean a great deal to Joseph.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Wonderful horse.The best Montjeu in quite a while.An armchair ride.Mesmerized me as a TYO .Hope he survives.

Participant
    • Total Posts 750

It’s a fractured pastern. He is to have surgery on Wednesday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

It sounds really serious, I’m going to be on tenterhooks all day now until he comes through this. Be brave and strong SNA all thoughts are with you.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Remember Triptych SNA is just a horse, not like counting the numbers left dead by a Tsunami. Brace yourself for the worst and count anything else good news. I too admired St.NsA from his run in Galway to his most recent win. He gave me endless pleasure. I wondered what went wrong as a3y-o. Never found out. Watched him winning and losing under young O’Brien; never blamed the horse. Now that he is in surgery I am just getting on with life. What will be will be.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Remember Triptych SNA is just a horse, not like counting the numbers left dead by a Tsunami.

" Context has been withdrawn at the start "

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

I’m a great believer in the power of thought. Am with Triptych with this one On the grand scheme of things this isn’t big, but I’m a racing person and it’s quite high on my agenda. My thoughts are with him today, and I’m quite happy to pray to The God of Racing for his recovery.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.