The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Slooch slinks away….

Home Forums Lounge Slooch slinks away….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Let the record show that Sloochy man failed to show for the big match yesterday- the fact that Missed That ran like a drain is irrelevant, he still beat RD 3/4L…<br>Dont ever issue challenges on here again- we now know you dont pony up!

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

I have sent you a PM and explained precisely what happened.

Before you post this rubbish and denigrate my reputation get your facts straight.

I PMd you my mobile telephone number if there were any problems – you chose not to reciprocate so I was unable to contact you.

For all you posters out there that think I’m a welcher here are the facts:

I arrived at the course on Tuesday at about 12.10 with the sole purpose of finding the bookie chosen by Carvills to hold the money. I spent 90 mins or so looking for him and couldn’t find him. I asked several other bookies in Tatts if they knew him – most of them did but didn’t know where he was.

As far as I was concerned the bet stood – and I lost.

I now get back to my computer and have a PM from Carvills saying that If I have not matched his bet with his bookie then as far as he is concerned the bet was off. This was PMd to me on the day of the Arkle.

I only read Carvills’ PM today as I’ve only just returned from my trip. I immediaterly responded and told him that as far as I was concerned the bet stood and I’m more than happy to pay if he gives me the appropriate details.

Technically speaking I don’t have to because he changed the terms of the bet but when the Demon set off against Missed That my understanding was that we had a bet and if I’d won I would expect to be paid.

So Carvills, I gotta say I’m disappointed in your posting this thread without speaking to me first but perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised.

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

b/f – I just want this thread to stay on page one until Carvills responds and my credibility is restored – sorry for any inconvenience!!

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

That’s the trouble with these type of bets lads!

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

There’s no trouble Cormack, I’m liable and will pay. I’m just p!ssed off that Carvills came on here giving forth when he could quite easily have rung me to find out the score.

It’s all too easy for him to call into question my integrity behind the cyberspace veil when clearly he had another option but chose not to exercise it.

furthermore, he chose not to PM me about what happened but rather he gives out to the whole forum first. As far as I’m concerned it appears to be a cheap shot but I’ll wait and see what he has to say.

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

b/f

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

Afternoon Jiminy – he still hasn’t contacted me so I’ll just have to wait and see what he comes up with.

Credibility was both lost and gained – specifically on the trends front.

5yo winning the Coral Cup was a dagger through my heart as was the 7yo novice winning the WH Trophy.

On the plus side none of the Irish Fab 4 came close to winning – Our Ben, Accordion Etoile, Hardy and Moscow.

Unfortunately my laying of MF did not cover my total losses which were nothing short of horrendous with only Nicanor saving me from a total whitewash. Oh and my generous bookie paid me e/w on Sublimity at 50s which was unexpected. (Get on this one if it goes to Aintree – it really is a good un but was very unlucky).

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Since when was Our Ben "one of the fab 4", or Accordian for that matter. There is a huge gulf between the Irish and English horses at present, and that is reflected in all of the major races that they have won in the last couple of seasons, so I dont know why you are so delighted that real great horse that have provided so much pleasure as Moscow and Hardy were turned over.

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

Here we go again – this is not an anti Irish thread! I started a thread entitled "Trends knock out……….some fancied horses"

The four horses I highlighted as not likely to win at Cheltenham were Our Ben, Acc Etoile, MF and HE. I took plenty of flak at the time I posted and now I was explaining how that specific point of view had been vindicated.

I don’t give a rats ass if Irish are better than English or vice versa. Gambling is a means to an end.

I also don’t give a rats ass about how many horses died at the festival. So what?

I bet for a certain reason and try not to get sentimental. I didn’t delight in any of the above 4 getting beaten – and I didn’t say in my post that I did.

Get off your soap box.

aston
    • Total Posts 168

You still havent explained your "fab four" jibe. These "fab four" were created by you, and you are blowing your own trumpet by classifying these 4 horses as such. It was 100 times easier to make a case for all 4 losing, than for any one of the four to win.

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

Aston, cool your jets man!

It was alliteration and nothing else. The 4 horses mentioned were either favourite or 2nd favourite when I started the thread.

2 of them didn’t have a cat in hell’s chance (MF and HE) and the other two were overhyped and underpriced. None of them had finished 1st or 2nd lto and this is a trend I’d been battered for talking about.

The reference to the fab4 was because of their artificially high position in the market and the fact that MF and HE especially were sentimental punts.

Now please put that soap box away Aston. I’m not trying to knock particular horses, just putting their chances into proper perspective.

As for blowing my own trumpet – BO!!OCKS!

I lost at Cheltenham and am happy to admit it so the only thing I was blowing were my freezing effing fingers!<br>

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Apologies Slooch if I got you wrong but you failed to respond to a PM on here or to a text to your mobile number from mine, which you should then have had. My bookie did not stand at Cheltenham this year, my apologies, but when I heard nothing through phone or internet I assumed you were wimping out and didn’t bother changing the arrangement. If you are mindful to pay, I suggest a donation to the rehabilitation of racehorses fund, and send the receipt to Daylight who will let us know on here.

Slooch Arm
    • Total Posts 40

Let me ponder………….the charity not whether or not to pay!

Though technically it’s your moey you should have the choice.

I’m back on here on Thursday and will let you know then.

All’s well that ends well! I hope.

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Quote: from Slooch Arm on 1:30 pm on Mar. 21, 2006[br]

I also don’t give a rats ass about how many horses died at the festival. So what?

I think you’ll find comments like that are not welcome here, you’d be better off posting on the ‘other’ forum where you’ll find plenty of like-minded souls.

In fact, the sub heading to this thread "All credibilty lost" sums you up perfectly. Go and espouse your rancid views elsewhere.

W@nker!

(Edited by Pegwell Bay at 7:00 pm on Mar. 21, 2006)

Andrew HughesAndrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Well put, Pegwell Bay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.