The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Settled market

Home Forums Horse Racing Settled market

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Is the AP market now pretty settled or do oes andyone think there could still be some massive changes.

Obviously a big run from Noland could see him shorten up a but or a bad run could see him drop out.

Binocular wins his prep he probably come in to 4 or 5/1

Ferdy Murphy’s Kalahari King should win easily enough at Ayr and drop 10 points

The NH flat race betting could change a fair bit this weekend after Willie Mullin’s horses run on Saturday and Sunday but apart from that I can see much changing.

Anyone any ideas on a horse or a race that might see one of the AP markets turned upside down?

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I backed Hobbs Hill at a three figure price last night for the RSA Chase. If he wins the Pendil on Saturday, and Egerton (please Jebus) declares the race as his Festival target, I’d expect his price to go into free-fall, in an event where there is no real standout candidate.

There is school of though which suggests might not get the trip though, and there’s a chance that he’ll be aimed at the Ryan Air instead (though personally I think he has a reasonable chance of a staying 3m1f, being a big, strong, front-running, bold-jumping type).

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Can’t see anything massive happening unless something gets injured or a surprise declaration is made (like Dessie Hughes stating that Hardy Eustace is going the Stayers route being a HYPOTHETICAL example)

I don’t really know why I feel the urge to post my ante-post bets up but here they are (I obviously have some unfulfilled physcological deficiency)

Arkle Chase
    Noland – 1pt each way @14/1 :D
    Tidal Bay – 1 pt each way @ 12/1 :)

Champion Hurdle
    Harchibald – 2pts win & 1pt place @ 8/1 :?
    Ebaziyan – 1pt each way @ 25/1 :?

RSA Nov Ch
    Joe Lively – 3pts win & 1pt place @ 10/1 :?

Stayers Hurdle
    Blazing Bailey – 1pt each way @ 10/1 :)
    Aran Concerto – 1pt win @ 100.0 :oops:

Gold Cup
    Exotic Dancer – 1pt each way @ 10/1 :?
    My Way De Solzen – 1pt each way @ 10/1 :cry:

Grand National
    McKelvey – 1.5pts each way @ 25/1 :)
    Dunbrody Millar – 1pt each way @ 40/1 :?

Order of Merit
    Monets Garden – 1pt each way @ 20/1 :) (a combination of Nicky Richards and Kauto Star are going to scupper this I think)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

The Foxhunters market could still be susceptible to quite some degree of change, depending on which of the market leaders have or haven’t qualified come March 1st – I guess I’d be thinking of the likes of Lou Du Moulin Mas here.

The Sidney Banks Hurdle at Huntingdon might cause a few small ripples to the Ballymore market if anything wins really impressively there. Plus, as Fists mentioned, the Champion Bumper market could look a bit different in light of any similarly convincing performances in Ireland this weekend.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

The Imperial Cup will likely see something of a shake up at the head of the market for the Coral Cup/County Hurdle

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I backed Hobbs Hill at a three figure price last night for the RSA Chase. If he wins the Pendil on Saturday, and Egerton (please Jebus) declares the race as his Festival target, I’d expect his price to go into free-fall, in an event where there is no real standout candidate.

There is school of though which suggests might not get the trip though, and there’s a chance that he’ll be aimed at the Ryan Air instead (though personally I think he has a reasonable chance of a staying 3m1f, being a big, strong, front-running, bold-jumping type).

I’m looking forward to the Pendil myself but for a different reason.

Kate Walton is likley to run Nevertika who I have followed since late on last year. He’s a right horse this, but it is his first time against real good horses. I quite surprised she’s running the horse and I would have thought she would had waited until next season personally. However he was so impressive last time out I guess she feels it’s time to put him to the test.

One of the nicest horses I have seen in a long time and he owes me nothing having backed him three times this season……..Sat will be the fourth if he turns out :wink: I know Hobbs Hill is very highly regarded but hopefully I can get a good price and get on EW early doors…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.