The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scilly Isles 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scilly Isles 2021

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I was more than impressed with Messire Des Obeaux last time, and I’m a little surprised that he is 9-2, so I’ve taken that.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

I’ll go with you on that one Silver Spoon. That was very impressive at Wincanton, with the exception of a couple of leaps, but that’s maybe being picky.

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Make that 3. Messire Des Obeaux for me too.

Krambust
    Participant
    • Total Posts 42

Really good race this.

Edited to add that I’m not sure on Hitman, his debut looked great and although his 2nd to Allmankind is good form, he’s still very lightly raced and would be surprised if he was ready to win a race at this level just yet.

DDC was a bit keen on her first chase start and as you may expect with a novice made a few mistakes, although it was only a 2 runner race Cornerstone lad is not a bad horse and despite a few errors she finished the race well and pinged the last 2 fences when asked to go and win.

I backed Messire Des Obeaux on his last two chase starts as I thought initially he was a fair price on his hurdling form to beat Coconut Splash and he backed that up well when beating Protektorat last time out. He was given a lovely ride By Daryl Jacob and jumped superbly (bar one mistake about 6/7 out). I know King has said he wont be going to Cheltenham due to the undulations and issues the horse has had in the past so you would think this is the main aim before maybe going to Aintree.

However I think they are going to struggle to beat Shan Blue. I was impressed with his jumping in his 1st two races this season and thought he was superb in the Feltham on Boxing Day. His jumping is so quick and doesn’t get too high or waste time in the air. I don’t think he looks like an out and out stayer yet he still finished his race well over 3 miles, however I feel dropping back to 2m4f will suit him and Harry will just bowl along in front and open up a gap in the home straight that wont be closed in time.

Like I said I think its a really good race, bookies have it spot on and if I have a bet may do F/C of Shan Blue to beat Messire Des Obeaux

PigsInBlankets
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

Think I’ll be joining you there Krambust

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 55

11-2 Dame De Compagnie for me

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Hitman for me. I think his run behind Allmankind is very good form and it looked like stepping up in trip will help him. I think the form of Shan Blue his win at Kempton isn’t that great, because despite The Big Breakaway and If The Cap Fits hitting every fence along the way he only won with a small margin.

Hitman 5/2

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

How did he win that? Didn’t travel a yard and a heap of sticky jumps. Fair dues to horse and jockey.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

He,s got a engine that’s for sure , wouldn’t be convinced chelt would suit though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.