The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Schooling in public

Home Forums Horse Racing Schooling in public

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Is it allowed now, please?

bear
    • Total Posts 143

Steve Mellish has just exposed this mob on RUK – stewards will have to act – no hiding place this time for Hooray Henry and Bradburne.

Let me guess, 2 weeks for the jockey, 40 days for the horse, 5 grand for the trainer, and sweet FA for the poor sods who backed it on the basis it may be trying to win!

robert99robert99
    Participant
    • Total Posts 897

Only with people.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

When i see stuff like today at Aintree, I feel  for genuine connections of horses that give their all when they run, run well, even get placed and then are put up another couple of pounds by handicapper for it

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

And a big up to Steve Mellish too

shame those who write in industry paper don’t have gonads to do same

Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

The handicap system encourages cheating yet very little is done to prevent this. So what should be altered to encourage honest trainers/owners who want to run their horses on their true merit consistently?   <br>

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

what happened please?

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Watch 3.10 Aintree and draw yor own conclusion FSL

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Nor1

Handicap system does not encourage cheats

Thats like saying shops encourage shoplifters, homeowners encourage burglars etc

These people are breaking the rules of racing for reasons only known by them

(Edited by empty wallet at 7:16 pm on Nov. 19, 2006)

Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

I must say Henry Daly horses this term although very little evidence have been running awfully strange. <br>They seem to be hitting flat spots during the ‘run’ – <br>Rakalackey at Kempton<br>Briery Fox at Worcester <br>Vaughan at Sandown <br>Martha Kinsman also springs to mind.

Perhaps the interesting part would be how many of them have been prevented making any further progress due to errors. From 25 chase runners this term – a good number of failures to complete spring to mind Waterloo Son, Green Tango, Alderburn etc.

I won’t be amongst the order to be backing Down’s Folly at Ludlow tomorrow at 11/10 (!)  BUT judged on today’s effort from OPERA DE COEUR getting a horse from A to B at whatever pace appeared to be the objective.

James.<br>

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Welcome to the forum James!

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Mr Bradburne got a seven day ban.  Not enough IMO, but better than nothing.<br>As far as I saw, the horse was given little more than an exercise canter.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Trainer was exonerated.<br>Even the stewards could see the obvious in Bradbourne’s ride- after all it was a 3 runner affair!

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Oh please – whilst not excusing the ride, there was no way in this world that Opera De Coeur would have beaten Lennon.  No way at all.

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

It reminded me of Hand Inn Hand’s first run in a chase – at Chepstow if I remember rightly – which I even posted up in what used to be called the "eyecatchers" section on here.

<br>To be fair though that time I think it was One Knight that went off like a nutter on Sunny D.  Today both the other horses looked to have been on the red bull.  

Lennon and Fair Along setting the pace in the Arkle.  Nipper Reed will be cheering.

<br>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.