The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Salisbury 3.40

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

I think someones having a bit of a laugh here aren’t they. Judd Street has been matched at prices of up 50 on betfair, only an hour ago he was 16 which i thought was pretty large.

Whilst he’s quite exposed and has disapointed on his last 2 starts as favourite, i hardly think the form book indicates he’d be a safe lay at 49/1.

What a joke.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

These gambles/drifts take on a life of their own on the exchanges and they often bear no relation to the true chance of the runner. It takes a lot less money to set the snowball rolling than most people imagine. Back it if you think its overpriced :wink: .

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6221

It needs next to b***** all to shift prices in some races. I managed to create a fall from 11 to 8.2 early in a market yesterday, and it took only a fiver to do it. On the same basis there’s no reason why a few comparatively small lays shouldn’t push a price the other way if one layer has ‘taken a position’.

Rob

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Cant for the life of me remember the horse from a few weeks back who was put in at 25/1 in the RP forecast, someone flagged it up here as a monster gamble. Took just £1500 quid to knock it into 5/1 on Betfair. Was beaten as I recall.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Good call !

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Hope you took it TB :wink:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.