The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair

Home Forums Archive Topics Ryanair

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

I would fancy rubi light as well gingertipster but the ground is the most important factor in deciding how to bet for me.

you could well be right headmaster, he oozes class this riverside theatre fellow (and of course the connections are just on fire) but two things put me off him- the fact that he never really got into the race when he ran in the arkle, and i’m also greatly concerned about the possible bounce factor coming into play.

• Total Posts 1217

RT has a Bit of a question mark for me, looked a bit cumbersome in the 2010 Arkle so there has to be reservations about the track. Ground and trip in his favour, and comes here in great form.

Somersby should be in the reckoning, sound jumper and will appreciate the strong gallop, has stamina aplenty I feel.

CC will love the fast ground, just a question if he can bounce back and jump well.

Rubi light will need to jump well when push comes to shove to have a shout.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can find the race uncompetitive but there you go.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Two against the field for me –

Medermit has yet to get a win at Cheltenham, but he always runs well enough – and I got 18s, so it’s a bit of the old each way fun.

Alberta’s Run has done the business for me twice. It would be wrong to give up on him again. Another e/w bet!

Good luck all.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Oh, sod it, another one…

Great Endeavour loves this track, he loves this distance, and he’s got to be worth a spot o’thievery.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

aston
    • Total Posts 168

RT won’t act on the course and is much better fresh. Lay for me. Although NP has had an average enough season, I have no doubt that this was always the aim and will love the drying ground, he will do pour moi. Lost me tits today. Had a huge double goin on Sizing. Love Chelts me.

• Total Posts 121

Noble Price has had a wind op since his last run

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

People say Rubi Light wants soft ground, but last year’s third on good ground was (at the time) his best performance. Of course he’s improved since on softer, but I see no reason (at this stage) to believe he won’t continue to progress. Trainers opinions on ground requirements are often based on if the horse won or not. Not on whether the horse improved or ran to form.

Riverside Theatre is said to be not as good at Cheltenham. Only ran there once over an inadequate trip; and horses don’t stay on, making ground up hand over fist, if they don’t act there. Best form in the race, trainer in great form, stays the trip and further, acts on the ground. "Best fresh" rubbish, the horse ran second to Kauto Star in the King George after 1 run. Price this morning was unbelievable. Should be 7/2 not 11/2.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

WOOOOHOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

This is lovely stuff.

J17star
    • Total Posts 317

Best race by a million miles so far. The first 3 deserve alot of credit.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

My god I’m having a truly abysmal week. The amount of horses I’ve gone on record on here to say they won’t win, have! And the award for the worst tipster of the 2012 festival goes to………..

:oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1829

Yes, fab race.
    RT’s win completes double with Sir Des Champs for me, but i was cheering loudest for Albertas Run as it was a bigger bet that i’d placed last week. Absolutely love AR.

Kicking myself for not doing the reverse forecast. Hey-ho.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Proper race. A few of these have been rather disappointing finishes

Unlike the CH4 team, i was never really worried as i was expecting the stamina to kick in up the hill. As long as Geraghty held his position, he had a chance

Brilliant jockey. Wouldn’t swap him for Ruby.

And Henderson is a genius

Another point proved – Never write a horse off after one " bad " run at Cheltenham.

J17star
    • Total Posts 317

Proper race. A few of these have been rather disappointing finishes

Unlike the CH4 team, i was never really worried as i was expecting the stamina to kick in up the hill. As long as Geraghty held his position, he had a chance

Brilliant jockey. Wouldn’t swap him for Ruby.

And Henderson is a genius

Another point proved – Never write a horse off after one " bad " run at Cheltenham.

Exactly. Sprinter Sacre and Riverside Theatre were horses i felt were very likely winners even though arguments have been structured through their supposed Cheltenham failures.

Conversely i wouldn’t have touched Grand Crus/Peddler’s Cross.

This race has to be one of the competitive races i’ve ever seen. Just before rounding the turn, you look at who you think’s beat and apply it your hopes chances, then realise who else was still there! Ridiculous depth.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thankyou Barry Gerraghty!
    Lifted Riverside home. Although you did set off in the wrong place. To the right of Captain Chris, nearly cost you and ME! Constantly being bumped or put off by Richard jumping right. Still, very well done for persevering. Next time, take my advice Barry and keep Riverside wide, don’t get crowded again.

Thanks Barry and the horse himself.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 2440

What a race! What a finish, 3 really game and gutsy horses fighting out the finish.

Really happy with how Medermit ran, Albertas Run put in another good performance, and a great effort from Riverside Theatre.

Cracking race!

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

In terms of quality going into the race it looked the outstanding event of the meeting. It did not fail to live up to expectations with the best horse prevailing despite not really looking at home on the track. Dont forget this winner is one of only 2 horses to defeat Kauto Star over 3 miles at Kempton.

The introduction of the Ryanair has certainly been one of the better consequences of a 4 day festival although it does also raise an important question about the future of jump racing. It could just be that this is a period when the 2.5 mile chase division is particularly strong and the 3m+ brigade are just a little bit average. However, it could also be that the intent to instil more speed into the NH breed is resulting in comparatively short runners. If this situation persists then it could see the Ryanair distance usurp the Gold Cup for prestige within the next 30 years. Should this happen it would render the Grand National even more irrelevant than it has already become.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Fair point, Eclipse, about ramifications for NH racing and distances.

I just want to see top racing at the festival and this did the job nicely. :D

Didn’t fancy Riverside but well done if you backed it. No excuses for admirable Rubi Light. He wouldn’t have beaten the 1st 4 with softer ground IMHO.

Zip

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.