The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 4

I agree with your assertion re Boston Bob, where I can see similarities with Cooldine, who was a very impressive winner of RSA. Been campaigned at much shorter trips all season, and was not 100% (like a few Mullins horses) at last years Festival. It is hardly Einstein thinking to say this has been the plan all season but I can see this powerful galloper breaking the strong travelling Dynaste from the second last under the Ruby drive.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

I can see Boston being put under pressure and left with too much to do. His jumping was fine, but not quick in his two runs and he couldn’t keep up in the Bartlett last year. I’d prefer Back in Focus of the Wylie pair, though how ground dependent he is is a factor to consider.

• Total Posts 343

I don’t really understand when a horse comes second in the Albert Bartlett, which is becoming a very strong future chaser race for novice hurdlers, he gets slated as being out paced a little.

Boston Bob slammed all in the race except a very very smart Brindiisi Breeze. The winner was something else, running from the front at breakneck pace and hurdling like the Boss. Boston pulled away from all and was closing on him. If he managed to get past, two lengths short in reality but if he did he would be following Bobs Worth and Weapons Amnesty to RSA glory.

He has jumped fantastically his two chases. The first run he was in a small field and the runner up almost nicked it from the front.

The second he was running like a 3 miler and still got up after being miles behind after the last. This all suggested that he beat decent 2m4 types at their game and with 3 miles he would be a much smarter prospect. Mullins has won this race a few times which is encouraging. The race looks damn weak. Boston Bob hasn’t made a massive impression over chases but if he had been running of a pace in 3 mile races he would.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

I don’t really understand when a horse comes second in the Albert Bartlett, which is becoming a very strong future chaser race for novice hurdlers, he gets slated as being out paced a little.

Boston Bob slammed all in the race except a very very smart Brindiisi Breeze. The winner was something else, running from the front at breakneck pace and hurdling like the Boss. Boston pulled away from all and was closing on him. If he managed to get past, two lengths short in reality but if he did he would be following Bobs Worth and Weapons Amnesty to RSA glory.

He has jumped fantastically his two chases. The first run he was in a small field and the runner up almost nicked it from the front.

The second he was running like a 3 miler and still got up after being miles behind after the last. This all suggested that he beat decent 2m4 types at their game and with 3 miles he would be a much smarter prospect. Mullins has won this race a few times which is encouraging. The race looks damn weak. Boston Bob hasn’t made a massive impression over chases but if he had been running of a pace in 3 mile races he would.

I respect your opinionnSketti, however having just watched the Bartlett re run, he didn’t exactly slam the rest, he stayed on at the last to pass 3 or 4 average animals but couldn’t get near the very good winner.
    In his chases he’s he’s jumped well, but not quickly.
    The stats probably give him a big shout, burn IMO he’s just not done enough on the course to justify the hype.
    Dynaste is wrong on stats, but on known form head and shoulders above the rest.

• Total Posts 4

Shack, I take your point re Albert Bartlett, but both trainer and jockey are adamant the horse wasn’t 100% and I think it is to the horses credit he ran so well. I’m prepared to forgive a below par run…which sounds crazy with a second at Cheltenham. First run this season under cooked, in need of run and shorter trip, and Paul Townend gave the horse a big ask next time, but again came through, against speedier animals over a trip still short of best. RSA will be different and if this horse gets in a decent rhythm, you will see the real Boston Bob. It is all about opinions, cannot wait for this race. This horse, and Pont Alexandre in the Neptune will make or break my week.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

I’d be wary of assuming because a novice hasn’t jumped well beforehand that will apply to the festival itself.

tidal bay was a good example- he had jumped poorly as a novice but come the big day itself in the arkle, he barely touched a twig.

and bobs worth had looked sketchy at times with his jumping, but in the RSA last year he jumped magnificent.

it could be a combination of the better ground, more competitive atmosphere and the fact that the trainer may have stepped up the intensity of his schooling immediately prior to the festival, but i’d be wary of taking on boston bob or any novice just because he’s thrown in a few slow jumps.

also i’m not sure you need to jump that quick to win an rsa- grandioso jumped much slower than molotof but still beat him in a 2 mile four race around kempton yesterday- ultimately it’s where you’re at on the line.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Boston Bob STILL at 6/1 is the value play. WANTS three miles on good ground in my opinion. Ante post portfolio so dependent on him and Grandouet..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Boston Bob STILL at 6/1 is the value play. WANTS three miles on good ground in my opinion. Ante post portfolio so dependent on him and Grandouet..

Yep 11/2 most places but 6/1 on Williamhill, like Boston Bob in this I just hope Dynaste folds under pressure at the end. Just not sure whether to play the 6/1 e/w or as a straight win

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Yep 11/2 most places but 6/1 on Williamhill, like Boston Bob in this I just hope Dynaste folds under pressure at the end. Just not sure whether to play the 6/1 e/w or as a straight win

It’d be madness to take 6s Hills as not NRNB and Mullins has not committed to where he goes. For the sake of 0.5pt to be sure of getting you’re money back i’d shop elsewhere or hang fire.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

It’d be madness to take 6s Hills as not NRNB and Mullins has not committed to where he goes. For the sake of 0.5pt to be sure of getting you’re money back i’d shop elsewhere or hang fire.

Ah thanks my bad didn’t realise it wasn’t NRNB on Hills. Also was under the assumption Bob was almost a certainty for the RSA? When do the trainers/owners have to confirm which races the horses are in? Must be soon?!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I’d have Dynaste in the Jewson. The way he runs, this race might be a struggle late on and leave it’s mark

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I’d have Dynaste in the Jewson. The way he runs, this race might be a struggle late on and leave it’s mark

Yeah I have £20 on him in the Jewson at 4/1 incase he runs in it to cover my Captain Conan bets.

Edit – just seen his odds have shortened across, any news on if he’s targeting the jewson then instead of the RSA?

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

I hope dynaste runs in the RSA, as it’ll just make the price for the winner boston bob. if dynaste doesn’t run and the likes of hurricane fly, quevega and pont alexandre win, you can see boston bob being sent off at 6-4 :shock:

little speedball dynaste will be legless by the last, and boston bob will come blasting by him up the hill 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

That’s exactly what I’m hoping will happen! Boston Bobs performance in his last race showed he can do just that in a race that’s not ran to his favour. Why not load up on Boston Bob now then? Think he’s still at 11/2

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Who would Ruby ride in this, Boston Bob or Unioniste?

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Who would Ruby ride in this, Boston Bob or Unioniste?

Just seen Townend likely to ride Bob and Ruby Unioniste.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

boston bob, surely. unioniste is a little star but you have to feel its tough to win this as a five year old

won a big handicap against older horses but this is a different kettle of fish completely

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.