The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Room 101

Home Forums Lounge Room 101

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Guys And Dolls and My Fair Lady were great musicals – and great movies generally in their own right – in my opinion.

As for Grease, when The Boomtown Rats finally deposed them at No 1 after being No 2 to them for something like six weeks, Bob Geldorf on TOTP held a photo of John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John up to camera and ripped it up before launching into Rat Trap.

Any teen into anything even vaguely resembling alternative music at that time celebrated that moment, little knowing that Geldorf would go on to prove himself the biggest tool of the lot of them.

In fact, the other two weren’t tools at all – she (RIP) was very mainstream but also very cute and Travolta in later life was simply sensational in Pulp Fiction.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

That hideous Americanism, “I need you to…”

Gets right on my nerves.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

The mini

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

People who drag up long-dead threads on the internet.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4740

Gamble says

The mini

The car, skirt, or the mouse? :whistle:

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

The car radio
    none of those football scores filtering through whilst driving… :whistle:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

The mini budget…

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I think I preferred Hu to Xi
    Now Mao had the extra O
    which never amounted to much.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Rubbish beer should be banished to this room. Yesterday I tasted a vile concoction described as “rocky road mild”. It literally did taste like liquid marshmallows. Over 12 hours later, I still cannot get the ghastly taste out of my mouth.

I prefer beer that tastes of yeast, malted barley and hops!

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

That’ll never catch on Cork!

I don’t mind trying some of the more unusual brews at a beer festival or in small quantities but for day to day drinking I definitely prefer something normal.

There used to be a brilliant beer festival in Newton Abbot at the now former maltings. Perhaps the closest I will get to attending a piss up in a brewery. It does appear to have been revived at almost the same site, well worth a visit if it’s still on the same scale. Shame there’s no racing fixture that coincides.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

The Tiny Rebel brewery does a marshmallow porter which is not that bad. A little bit on the sweet side but drinkable. This stuff was just foul.

I recall seeing a Thai Green Curry beer at the Manchester beer festival a few years ago. Could not even face trying that one!

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Good grief, that makes me feel sick just thinking about it. Straight to Room 101 I think.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Double barrel names

Imagine the future when a double barrel named couple has a kid and that kid grows up to marry someone with a double barrel name

😂😂

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 6004

‘Double double barrel’ surnames I’m aware of are Richard Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, better known as Richard Drax Conservative MP for South Dorset; and amongst the extensive ancestors (many notable in public life) of Martha Lane-Fox, the founder of lastminute.com and her distant cousin, the showjumper William Fox-Pitt (Alice Plunkett’s hubby). Several of them carried the surname Lane-Fox-Pitt-Rivers and others various double and treble-barrelled combinations thereof

Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes is the treble-barrelled surname of the explorer Ranulph Fiennes and actor Ralph Fiennes

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Tarquin Double-Barrel Shotgun wouldn’t be amused by this suggestion.

I’ll Fetch-Me Coat.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Clarissa Dickson Wright’s full name was Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright.

Better still, Pablo Picasso’s full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I WANT IN

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.