Roaring Lion

Home Forums Horse Racing Roaring Lion

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  moehat 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    patriot1
    patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

A terrible day for racing, losing two champions.

Sounds like he battled hard just as he did on the racecourse but it wasn’t to be.

RIP

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 223

Very sad news for all connections, he was a fighter on and off the racecourse R.I.P ROARING LION.

All comers, all ground, all beaten

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Once again a Champion racehorse falls at the hands of the evil colic, the disease that gives hope and then takes it away.
    Devastated at his loss, finding this extremely hard to cope with as we get to love these horses so much.

Goodbye my beauty,
    RIP Roaring Lion
    Son of Kitten’s Joy and 4 x Group 1 winner
    :cry:
    We salute you

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

A beautiful, beautiful horse that it gladdened your heart to watch. RIP gorgeous.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 585

I feel for both connections at their great losses. As I said before if coolmore can’t save the gorgeous St Nicholas abbey with the best medical attention money can buy then it shows how hard it is to save a horse once it gets a bout of colic. St Nicholas abbey was one of my absolute favourite horses ever and I felt devastated in his passing so I can’t imagine how bad it is for the connections of the two horses. RIP to both horses and please God we find a way to deal with this horrible disease. A hugely sad day after a fabulous three days at York

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Timeform top rated three year old colt and filly of last year both lost to this awful disease.

Such sad news. :rose:

value is everything

nefertiti
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

So saddened by this dreadful news. Such a wonderful and beautiful horse. Hopeful that some of his cubs can carry on his name.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8626

Lovely to see Roaring Lion’s half brother KAMEKO
    run such a brilliant race today in the Solario Stakes against Positive, he is definitely progressing in leaps and bounds and hoping to see him turn out for The Juddmonte Royal Lodge Stakes at Newmarket in a months time.
    …the Legend lives on :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7697

We were out today so only saw the racing on catchup. Spent most of this evening trying to remember the name of that good jumper Julie used to train and then it suddenly leapt into my head; Avro Anson.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.