RIP MRC

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by robnorth robnorth 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4209

The committee have made the decision to wind up the Milnathort Racing club as of the end of this month. With a dwindling number of members, no horse after the sale of The Village and no immediate prospect of a partnership arrangement it was decided the club had no useful future. It might have been different if we had a competitive horse bringing in prize money, but after the departure of Outlaw Tom it was not to be.

It was a struggle trying to race a horse who was slow and/or unwilling. The Village seldom seemed to be puffing after his races so I suspect it was mostly the latter.

On the up side it was fun while it lasted, we had three visits to the winner’s spot and made some new friends. I’m going to put aside my Milnathort money every month so if another owning opportunity comes up I might give it a thought.

Rob

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7687

Sorry to hear that. Our racing club, the MRC has ceased to be after many years [didn’t have horses, just meet ups, although I think they used to have horses before I joined]. It’s left a huge gap in my life.

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4209

Those of us involved on TRF will probably keep an eye out for other opportunities to get involved. I’m saving up the monthly contributions now so that I might have a bit of money to put down if another ownership chance come about.

Aside from all else, if anyone wants a recommendation for a jockey may I suggest Diarmuid O’Regan. In retrospect he has to some sort of magician for getting the uncooperative The Village into fifth place at Newcastle!

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.