The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Richard Hughes Also Hanging Up His Boots

Home Forums Horse Racing Richard Hughes Also Hanging Up His Boots

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Taking up training next year apparently. Who’ll be in line for the Hannon job now?

Will Nathan Hughes apply to replace his idol?

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Dw3132
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

Taking up training next year apparently. Who’ll be in line for the Hannon job now?

Will Nathan Hughes apply to replace his idol?

Jamie Spencer / S.De Sousa ?

Lot of Jockeys now tied to contracts with Qatar/Al Shaqab, Shadwell, Darley.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

Sad to see him go. The gulf between Moore and the rest will be even wider now.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Yes the gulf will be even bigger now , I am glad I decided to give the flat a complete miss ….to be fair its mostly AW nowadays , with all those tricky boys doing their thing …soon as Aintree is over I am off…disaffection with AW and the bookies has finally driven me off from the game .. :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Congratulations to Channel 4 Racing for saying goodbye to Hughes during the middle of today’s coverage at Sandown :scratch:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

By the sound of it Alice was unhappy that he’d not chosen ‘the best time’ to announce his retirement. Presumably meaning it’d restricted their ability to make a song and dance about it a la McCoy.

mattlamb
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

I wish Alice Plunkett hadn;t returned. I assume she was on maternity leave?

Her fawning, gushing manner drives me up the wall!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

I agree with you Matt…the trouble is we are limited by the people who appoint the Alice P….of this world as acceptable

I stopped watching CH4 as it became ultra boring . Mick F just drove me nuts , I wont watch ATR most times as its a bookies channel , plus its got Chapman ….just unacceptable for me ….and they promote aw dross which in my view should not be as prominent as it has become

Which leaves RUK …. apart from hMellish and Hislop …who are miles ahead the rest are pants ….I certainly would not pay a sub to watch it

So its the mute button or just turn off …thats the choice ….

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

I’m not overly surprised.
    Despite winning the title I thought especially early in the season that Hughes wasn’t quite getting into that perfect wine glass positioning he is accustomed to. I think the fall in Dubai on Mars hit Richard harder than he let on but that’s only guess work on my behalf. Reading his autobiography about growing up in dads yard and his obviously love of the horse I think he stands in good stead to make a decent fist of training.
    best of luck to him but a 4th title in a roll to come first, 4/6 with betfred? money in the bank.
    Hannon wont need worry about a replacement as Moore has ridden on many occasions when Hughes has been absent plus the young lad Cam Hardie has been catching the eye and it wont be long before he gets a shot at a decent prize imo.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.