The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rehearsal Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Rehearsal Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17304

Usual strong entry for this…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/37/newcastle/2020-11-28/770520

Only a quick look just now, and no rush anyway with no market yet, but got an early shortlist…

Cloudy Glen
    Lake View Lad
    Takingrisks

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

A race i really like at my local track.

Plenty that are entered probably won’t run but Lord Du Mesnil started his excellent run at Newcastle with his first win in Britain when narrowly beating Sam’s Adventure in the novices handicap chase. Would prefer softer ground and is a doubtful runner.

Lake View Lad won this race in 2018 and has won 3 out of his 4 runs at the track. Versatile ground-wise.

Takingrisks won this last year but it appeared to leave its mark as he disappointed on each outing afterwards. Better ground might well suit.

Domain De L’Isle is 1/1 at the track, beating Sam’s Adventure by a wider margin that LDM achieved in doing so. I could see him coming here.

No bet yet but Takingrisks and Domain De L’Isle would be the 2 for now. If Two For Gold were to come here then he’d me my idea of the favourite and rightly so.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

The only bet i’ve had so far is Westland Row, because if it placed at that price considering last year’s form and i hadn’t backed it, i’d kick myself.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

TYT

What’s Ur angle on Domaine de ilse?

I like the horse myself they talked last yr about it being a grand national horse in the future and now stepping it up in trip. It’s not shown much in the first 2 outings this yr.
    Probably needs to creep up a few pounds to get into the national if that’s still the plan

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Good ground up at Newcastle.

The Butcher Said 10-1 ew

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I hope several of these stand their ground as it looks a cracking race. Cepage interests me up in trip once more on better ground.

Several old favourites in this, though.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

The other one is Pym 11-2. Decent ground is crucial to him. He beat Imperial Aura off level weights when he got his ground so he could be ahead of his mark.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

No real angle as such, Kendicate. I just think he’s got potential off a low weight and his winning form last year was solid. Step back up in trip is a positive and Pym should ensure they go a good gallop which will also suit.

We’ve found the winner :yahoo:

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

Ha ha, indeed, hopefully the horse puts a good performance in, I do think it is a nice one for the future. Think the trainer had a nice winner the other day as well.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

Domain De L’Isle not declared Kendicate! Good job i wasn’t interested in backing him prior to Saturday. Of those that remain, Whatmore has the most solid profile but it certainly looks like Pym might get to dictate things from the front which he likes to do.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17304

I’m still torn here.

It’s a big ask for Takingrisks off of this mark, but I’ve a feeling he can do it. He doesn’t look particularly ground dependent, so at leat no worries there.

The other ones I’m starting to look at are Cool Mix and Shantou Village, but I’ll look at the prices this time tomorrow.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 524

I’m going for the favoute here with Pym at 7/2.

Rock solid form when he gets in a rythm. He has beaten Imperial Aura and If the Cap Fits quite easily. Trip and ground should suit him.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 275

I’ll take a chance on Shantou Village here for the win at around 12-1

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

I don’t like betting the fav in a race like this, but I do like Pym.

I’ve landed on The Butcher Said win only.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

Played def red e.w , hopefully he,ll come on for the last run and he,d carry these at anywhere near his best , sure aintree is the long term plan , I’ve also got to have a small play on yorkhill , he,s being aimed for the Scottish grand national meeting but I can’t not play at such a big price

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.