The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Home Forums Lounge Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 920 total)
  • Author
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Trying to win votes with their smoking ban for anyone born after 2009. Read they did something similar in New Zealand but it got repealed when the next government (a coalition) got in power. What they doing seems to be in favour with the majority, but like gambling it’s up to the individual.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5780

Seems another Tory mp has got himself in the **** for misuse of funds , I need 5k as some bad men have me … Isn’t this an episode of The New Statesman …

Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

Brilliant programme HDLG, and too close to reality for my likliking.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5780

I’ve been rewatching it this week , 30 odd years old yet still just as relevant

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1614

Rik mayall just fantastic as Alan bstard. So many plot lines very close to reality. Did Jonathan Lynn of yes minister fame not help with the series iirc.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

The Westminster rumour mill was in overdrive this morning about Sunak calling an early General Election.

It probably won’t happen but if I was him I would call it. I doubt circumstances are going to get better and delaying until the last minute looks desperate. I don’t believe that impresses voters very much.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

If people haven’t deserted the Tories by now they never will, those who have aren’t coming back. End this farce please.

18th July election? England win the Euros* on Sunday 14th and in a last desperate act of goodwill, Sunak declares the Monday a bank holiday.

*I know, I know

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

A July General Election is now 1.17 on Betfair. Cameron has cut short an overseas visit, Hunt has cancelled an interview on television and several ministers have cancelled meetings. Guido has speculated there will be an announcement tonight.

It could be happening..

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

Not that there’s a huge amount to be excited about really. I want Labour to win as at least they won’t make things any worse and they’re the only real alternative but they don’t offer that much beyond ‘we’re not the Tories’. I will simply be voting for whoever had the best chance of dumping the local Tory out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Various people in the media are reporting 4th July. That would be consistent with an announcement being made tonight after the Cabinet meeting which has been called for 4pm.

None of it will make a lot of difference. They both broadly sing from the same hymn sheet now, Labour with a bit more enthusiasm than the Conservatives.

Anyone who suggests the upcoming announcement is a convenient way for the whole political class to bury the tainted blood scandal is clearly out of their mind…

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4934

I have no idea why Sunak would call an early election.

At the moment Labour are going to win big, and that’s whenever the election called. Why bring that day closer?

I would have hung on as long as possible just in the hope that something might happen to dent Labour’s prospects.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Lectern out on Downing Street with no Prime Minterial crest. That means it is going to be a party announcement. Proof the General Election is on..

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Absolutely dreadful speech and the optics were appalling. He was getting soaked to the skin while protestors were playing “Things Can Only Get Better”, the Blair government’s tune.

There is no way Mandelson would have allowed Blair to make a speech in those circumstances. Mrs Thatcher would not have made such a poor error either.

The whole impression is of a Prime Minister and government which looks like it could not get pissed if it was given the keys to every building in Burton On Trent.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4934

Poor old Sunak. Drenched. I actually thought the speech itself was fine.

Is Sunak worse than Starmer? Personally, as an historic Labour voter, I don’t think so. Anything was an improvement on the previous buffoon. The big problem he has is the party has been polluted by the likes of Braverman and the other right wing loons. They badly need to rid themselves of that lot, in the same way Labour has got rid of it’s own loony left. I suspect that will be a far more difficult task for them than it was for Labour.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5780

I bet Starmer can’t believe his luck , Sunak has been a damp squid now looking like a damp squid , I believe Tory mps are putting letters in to the 1928 committee such is the anger …. fair to say the numbers weren’t looking good so full on panic stations , a beating not a massacre …

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

At least Ladbrokes will finally be paying out on my bet on Liz Truss not being Conservative leader at the next General Election, placed over 18 months ago..

Participant
    • Total Posts 5780

…… U never know CAS …if enough letters go in ..return of the Truss

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 920 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.