The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing UK – Replay

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing UK – Replay

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    espmadridespmadrid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Why have Racing UK started cutting the commentary and pictures short at the end of races on Racing Replay?

ATR also went through a dodgy period for a while, hopefully just someone filling in who didn’t know how to operate the VT equipment correctly.

The finish is the most important part of the race.

You can’t always expect it during the live action with the inevitable delays and overlapping races, but the races on ATR Review/RUK Replay should finish when the commentary has finished, not after the first few horses have just crossed the line!

The fact that commentaries now continue after the first three or four horses have been named crossing the line is a big improvement, not something that should be ignored by the broadcasters.

It’s not as if RUK are short of time, they usually have 18 hours to fill during the winter months!

For £20 a month I expect to see the WHOLE race. Come on RUK you are better than that (usually).

....and you've got to look a long way back for anything else.

DaveMonkDaveMonk
    • Total Posts 153

If I was paying 20 quid a month I would be wanting to watch it live not replays.

Replays are free via sportinglife.com. Their website is much easier to navigate too!!

espmadridespmadrid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Would love to be able to watch it live, but some of us have to work during the day.

I record either ATR or RUK live, but haven’t got the time to watch it all.

The Review/Replay is ideal to see the runners, market moves, race and result all in one without having to spool through all the chat, interviews and analysis.

Replays on websites are fine if you want to see the odd race, but you need access to fast broadband and a decent PC to avoid streaming/picture quality issues and those don’t come cheap.

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2072

I expect it is a glitch, espmadrid.

RUK had a sound problem for about a month three years ago when I used to subscribe via Virgin. The replays were garbled and it was almost unwatchable. It was fixed eventually and they offered a part refund on my subscription.

I didn’t have anything useful to add here really. I just wanted to say you’re doing great job on your YouTube channel. The King George uploads were brilliant.

espmadridespmadrid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

I think RUK have someone in for work experience again. Replay totally screwed up, poor sound, commentaries and race pictures cut-off just as the winner reaches the line. What happened to Newmarket?

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Don’t usually watch replay but seen a bit this morning on your recommendation and agree dreadful. I know Catternmole is crap but you could barely hear him at Ascot although the sound effects were top notch (Have you heard the same canned applause every winner receives when entering the winners enclosure on the live coverage?) Meanwhile at Thirsk & York we were restricted to just the first past the post being named (nearly sometimes)

Seems like it may be a time constraint issue and of course they want to fit in the hilarious Carry on Yorkshire.

On the whole RUK continues to disappoint badly.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

What is the point of having Dave Nevison on today?

They have four meetings to get in, he is in the parade ring being accosted by drunks, then moans about it and has to relocate to some posher area, there is no time for his nonsense analysis anyway.

They also have an “expert” in the studio when they don’t have time for it as it’s one meeting after the other.

They really need to reassess the way they use their presenters and analysts.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

Is Dave Nevison drunk, I am sure he is slurring can’t seem to stand up straight.

He just said punters are backing the favourites because they have been drinking.

Blue1878
    Participant
    • Total Posts 182

s Dave Nevison drunk, I am sure he is slurring can’t seem to stand up straight.

He was in the dinner lounge at 11.AM on RUK tasting all sorts of alc. treats and said when he was in the ring he had just had a bottle of Stella so to answer your query i would think – yes.
    He couldn’t talk any more sense drunk than sober though, RUK sucks but i have to subscribe because they have all the best racing albeit with the worst presentation teams.

CarryOnKatieCarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 568

Referring back to espmadrid’s OP, did anyone else notice that the 2mile Brown Jack Handicap was completely omitted from the replays on Friday?

Looked like normal service was resumed again last night.

IBRacingIBRacing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

If they show that bloody Carry On Camping thing again I may scream.

Too many repeats on RUK. This Racing Life – they show the same episode about 15 times.

espmadridespmadrid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Saturday 9th December

2.35 Aintree – No sign of it during Replay.

May be someone will get their finger out and edit it back in before the next live broadcast.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.