The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing UK

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing UK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

On the racing post website is the following article – interesting for new clients…!

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/news/master … _id=897170

I’m tempted.

I wonder if that would include the package for the Premiership football, and being an Oxffrod fan, conference football next year which is to be on Sentena? Anyone know?

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

The premiership football isnt availible to uk and irish subscribers, the channel goes blank at 3.00 on sat as its for North American subscribers. Also i can’t believe any1 who loves horse racing won’t fork out a mere 180 for the best uk racing.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Also They ripped me off last year as i paid 200 and 110 up front for RUK and Setanta seperatly. Now u get both for 180. oh well :biggrin:

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

New customers, what about us existing customers?

Subscribers being able to view replays would be of use

Instead they send me tickets for race meetings i do not want to and  have no intention of going to, absolutely no use to this fee paying customer

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Duplicate post

(Edited by empty wallet at 4:19 pm on May 18, 2007)

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Quote: from Money on on 4:01 pm on May 18, 2007[br]The premiership football isnt availible to uk and irish subscribers, the channel goes blank at 3.00 on sat as its for North American subscribers. Also i can’t believe any1 who loves horse racing won’t fork out a mere 180 for the best uk racing. <br>

<br>Setanta do not have any rights at present to show Premiership football but will from next season and are going to broadcast 46 matches per season which will be available to UK subscribers.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

This is what I was referring to – next football season. To be honest I watch enoiugh Premiership football anyhow – but the bonus of the Conference chucked in means I can also watch my beloved Oxford a few times as well.

To be honest,I had the debate about loving racing so i should have it anyhow before.

The thing is, I work long hours in the week and hence do not really get a chance to bet or if I can get a few bets on, i certainly have no chance of watching the racing.

At weekends, i am usually covered by Channel 4 or some poor BBC coverage. Or failing that, my local bookies is less then a 2 minute walk so if there is racing i want to watch,I generally go watch it.

However, I have been thinking of adding Racing UK as its worth getting for occasions lke Cheltenham so i can watch all the racing when i want when i get home (rather then trying to get home in time for the freeview bit).

So, the offer is tempting…

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

has anyone said the football will be included in the 15/mth or will it be pay-per-view – you don’t expect ’em to pay for footie and then give it away do you ?

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I don’t know about the new offer but my present RUK package includes Setanta Sports 1 and 2 which will show the premiership football from next season. It may be that some will be ppv but I have not heard anything stating this. Setanta need 500,000 new UK customers this year in order to break even in respect of the prem deal which is a lot- I don’t know what will happen if they don’t get them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.