The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Demon…

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Demon…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

What would be the thoughts on here, if he was to be entered into the World Hurdle frame by connections? ? ?

I remember a little while back reading that she has thought about putting the horse in the World Hurdle due to a ‘weakness’ in that division at the moment.

I think she has stated that the horse has a lower rating over the smaller obsticles in comparison to fences and she wouldn’t mind going down the hurdle route if the horse was to have a little more success as a result.

The only thing i have is that the horse always favours a right handed track. I think it was Aintree last year where he didn’t jump at all well and didn’t really travel when left handed, which would be the requirement at the Cheltenham Festival.

Thanks.

Gareth.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

He was at a distinct disadvanage in the Ryanair last year, where he jumped so wildly right, and ran so far outside he must have covered the best part of another furlong. I for one wouldn’t touch him in any race on a left-handed track.

I don’t particularly buy the idea that the WH is a soft target this year either. Admittedly it is if you’re happy to run for second, but Inglis Drever is a real top-class 3m hurdler and it will take a mighty performance for any horse to beat him come March IMO.

All in all if you were to ask me, Hen would be much better employed finding him a race at Punchestown again.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

He was at a distinct disadvanage in the Ryanair last year, where he jumped so wildly right, and ran so far outside he must have covered the best part of another furlong. I for one wouldn’t touch him in any race on a left-handed track.

I don’t particularly buy the idea that the WH is a soft target this year either. Admittedly it is if you’re happy to run for second, but Inglis Drever is a real top-class 3m hurdler and it will take a mighty performance for any horse to beat him come March IMO.

All in all if you were to ask me, Hen would be much better employed finding him a race at Punchestown again.

Agree, i must stress that wasn’t my thoughts on the race itself, it was something which i read at the time, i.e. the division being weak as a generalisation.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I’ll never forget how adamant Hen was in his Arkle year (along with some on here) that the left-handed track would not inconvenience him at Cheltenham!

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

He ran well enough in the SunAlliance Hurdle to suggest Cheltenham isn’t too much of a problem, but having said that he did drift right over to the stand-side rail from the bottom of the hill.

It’s funny that Knight should make such a statement about the supposed weakness of the staying division – if there’s anyone who knows about weak stayers going for a hat-trick, it’s her.

jodami16
    • Total Posts 27

Cheeky LGR, though I do tend to agree with you about that.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Does not stay 3m and hates Cheltenham, I reckon the Power Gold Cup at Fairyhouse would be ideal for this horse but id love to see him take on Kauto Star over 2m5f at Ascot

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

It still wouldn’t be a contest, Neil.

But on what do you base your assertion that he doesn’t stay a trip? He was running on when winning over 2m4f and 2m5f at Exeter and Huntingdon, wasn’t beaten all that far (relatively) in either of Kauto Star’s King Georges, and has run on well on both attempts over 2m5f at Cheltenham.

The fact is he needs to go right-handed, wants up to 3m on good ground and 2m4f on anything softer. There’s also the possibility that he just isn’t quite up to scratch, which is probably why at 8yo he’s only run 4 times less than Best Mate had at the end of his 11th year (Knight having previously touted Racing Demon as the next Matey).

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Not quite up to scratch LGR and i don’t think he really gets 3 mile, 2006 KG he’s buggered coming over last, in this years he’s not got anything left to help him hold on for a place either

Gas gone imo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.