The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racehorse names rejected by Weatherbys

Home Forums Horse Racing Racehorse names rejected by Weatherbys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

This might raise a little smile. I know this is a topic that has been discussed on the forum before, but it’s worth a look.

Noble Ox

(Edited by insomniac at 11:49 am on Mar. 3, 2007)

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Didn’t stop the multi-AW winner of a few years ago Noble Locks from running.

Or Mary Hinge.

Mike

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

With the increasing French imports particularly in NH, I’d like to know how this affects French named horses running over here, or whether the French authorities are quite so assiduous.    

I remember we had Encoulez I think it was a few years ago, and commentators must be thankful Big Tits never made it to the Gold Cup.  

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

…not to mention the Franco-Spanish ‘Juan Coeur’.

Mike

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

lol…that’s a good one.<br>What’s the problem with Ophelia? I don’t get that one.

My favourite at the moment is the useful novice chaser of Paul Nicholls’s called ‘New Little Bric’, once again ex French bred and legitimately named as the sire is Bricassar, but when said in a hurry sounds to me like ‘You Little Prick’.    Anyone else agree? or is it just my hormones.<br>

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

or is it just my hormones.

<br>Whore Moans?  Is that running again?

Mike

War Admiral
    • Total Posts 23

There is a horse in france named Big Tits! Hasn’t ran in the UK AFAIK but ran once in France when the race was covered by RUK. The commentators just ignored it the whole race :cheesy:

Stormwatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33

I seem to remember ‘Wear the Fox Hat’was rejected.

Cant think why?

Lincoln Duncan
    • Total Posts 157

About 20 years ago, there was a horse in the US called Willy Wa nk. One day he fought out a stirring stretch duel with a horse called Scorched Panties.

You couldn’t make it up.

(Edited by Lincoln Duncan at 9:00 pm on Mar. 3, 2007)

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I heard Norfolk In Chance got rejected but I don’t know if that’s just a joke or if it actually happened.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

I seen a horse on Racing UK’s French Flat coverage a month back called Sick My Duck. Very amusing waiting for the commentator to make the blunder of his career.:biggrin:

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from Burroughhill on 9:29 pm on Mar. 4, 2007[br]I heard Norfolk In Chance got rejected but I don’t know if that’s just a joke or if it actually happened. <br>

<br>There was the variant Norfolk Enchants as well, wasn’t there? Same thing, basically. Didn’t get passed, anyway, and neither did Peover Ewe nor Ouanquer.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I wonder if anyone’s tried Vanny Vart ?

zome
    • Total Posts 232

I think my brain works extremely slowly.<br>And i’m not even blonde anymore.

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

I’m not sure if someone from the French Jockey Club reads the forum, but it has been brought to my attention that sadly Sick My Duck has now been renamed. Very unusual, as she had already run 7 times.  

She is now named, rather more elegantly but less amusingly, Que Storia.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.