The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 6

Masterminded for me still a young horse never really had preperations go right last year had a little wind operation so very likely he will come back to his best and if he does 11-2 will look very big

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I’m following The Captain and Sizing Europe this year. Henry needs to realise he is a 2 mile, stop messing around!

• Total Posts 2440

I personally think Big Zeb will still be the one to beat.

I’d love to see Captain Cee Bee do well, and win the race as he is a horse i adore.

I personally couldn’t have Master Minded, i personally think Big Zeb is a better animal (at this stage in both of their respective careers).

Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Masterminded is the best 2 miler I have seen in the past 35 years, write him off at your peril.

He is still a young horse and will only be 8 come Cheltenham and may still have room for normal improvement with age and additional improvement following his breathing operation.

Paul Nicholls thinks he may be similar to Kauto Star in needing a good break to show his best which he will now get.

He also appears to need cut in the ground as he has been well beaten on the 2 occasions he has encountered good ground.

He is likely to start favourite for the Tingle Creek if there is cut in the ground, I can envisage him tanking around junping for fun, winning on the bridle and becoming the hot favourite for Cheltenham.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I thought the same SP when he won the QMCC but you have to wonder if we were subjected to seeing agood horse beating a very poor one.

VPU won probably the weakest QMCC of all time.

PN has made excuses for him but don’t forget he’s the only 6 yar old ever to have won the race and maybe it was a case of too much too soon.

PN is very successful but sometimes I think he goes a step too far and the horse might never be the same again.

My idea of the winner has never changed since last season. Captain Cee Bee for me has it all and today he’s made the perfect start when hacking up at Naas.

• Total Posts 2440

I thought the same SP when he won the QMCC but you have to wonder if we were subjected to seeing agood horse beating a very poor one.

VPU won probably the weakest QMCC of all time.

PN has made excuses for him but don’t forget he’s the only 6 yar old ever to have won the race and maybe it was a case of too much too soon.

PN is very successful but sometimes I think he goes a step too far and the horse might never be the same again.

My idea of the winner has never changed since last season. Captain Cee Bee for me has it all and today he’s made the perfect start when hacking up at Naas.

I love Captain Cee Bee, would love to see him take the race, and i hope he has a good prep. for the race and goes better than he did in the Arkle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Great run for the Captain yesterday, giving a lot of weight to the field, perfect start, fingers crossed now chaps! :)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Big fan of Cee Bee, loved the horse last season. However, Big Zeb was extremely impressive winning last season’s renewal, if he turns up in the same form I cannot see him been beaten.

JohnJ

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Good return to action from the Champion Chaser, he’s the one they all have to beat!

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Sports Line for me is a dark Horse for this race.

He could not even be settled by Ruby and that is telling you how much of a nut job he is.

However their is plenty of class and if he has been thought to settle i think he is right up their with Cee Bee IMO.

I personally believe this horse will win Big Races in the future and hopefully this year he will live up some way to his ability

• Total Posts 128

Masterminded is still tremendous value at 11/4, while Zaarito, a horse I love, needs to get to grips with the fact that ALL fences must be jumped!! Watch videos of this horse, he can jump, just has lapses of concentration, which I think can be sorted ( I hope!! ) At this point, it has an open look to it, but we all know here that on his day, Masterminded could blow them all out of the water if right.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Still think this race is Ireland’s to loose! Master Minded will need to be the horse many believe him to be to topple Big Zeb and Captain Cee Bee.

And, as Aido has said, don’t forget Zaarito :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Still think this race is Ireland’s to loose! Master Minded will need to be the horse many believe him to be to topple Big Zeb and Captain Cee Bee.

thm,i know you are a loyal fan of

Zaarito

but the thought of him jumping at speed concerns me! If he stayed 3m,he could jump at a more suitable pace as he does have an engine! Not a Champion Chaser,unlike

Master Minded

! :wink:

• Total Posts 128

Im still not convinced Big Zeb is the safest of jumpers, so I’d always be prepared to take him on, and I believe Zarrito and Captain Cee Bee have more scope for improvement. That said, all 3 have jumping issues, I just think there is a lot more to come from Zarrito and Captain Cee Bee. Im still sticking with Masterminded though, we all know what he’s capable of, been there and has 2 t-shirts to prove it!!! ;-)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Big Zeb may have a history of not being foot perfect, however his reappearance at Navan was extremely taking. I would be astonished if Zaarito improves his jumping, he seems to capitulate as soon as a he comes alongside an opposing horse at the business end of his races. Pity, because he has some engine.

JohnJ

• Total Posts 2184

Zaarito’s main problem IMO is his lack of size.

Anytime he merely brushes a fence it knocks the stuffing out of him and he finds it hard to find a leg. Bigger and stronger horses are able to make similar errors to Zaarito but it doesn’t take as much out of them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Zaarito’s main problem IMO is his lack of size.

I have just watched

Zaarito

in a couple of races and as Imperial quite rightly says,he is not very big,his form with Captain Cee Bee and Weapons Amnesty confirms he is a grade 1 horse so what i would do thm,is get Betfair to price him up for the World hurdle,i can see 100"s being offered and should connections decide to give up on a chasing campaign that would be a prime target,i can see him travelling like a dream in it sitting close to Big bucks then when Bucksy hits his flat spot and Zaarito goes odds on its a question of "Do you feel lucky Punk" or hit the lay button to guarantee a profit! I"m not called the King of Foresight for nothing! :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.