The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix Jacques Le Marois 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Jacques Le Marois 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1046

well done makfi backers :D

• Total Posts 4293

Thanks Matt!

I wasn’t going to have a bet.

Makes up for sleeping through Regal Parade last week.

• Total Posts 1046

haha nice one Gerald, sometimes a little prompting is a good thing!! Well done :wink:

• Total Posts 629
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Cheers for the well dones. Put him in last night at 10/1 (in daily plays Money in the Can). He’s beat Canford and Dick fair in the guineas and was battered around at Ascot (in his first loss i might add).

He is the best miler and today showed why he beat Canford.

10/1 was a gift though :lol:

If Dance East wins the 16:00 at Bath I’m taking a holiday (seriously)

• Total Posts 56

Feeling very deflated after that. Great win for Makfi but God I wanted Goldikova to win! Such a shame the ground came up so bad, a good to soft surface would have been a much fairer surface for all. Ah well, I’m hoping she can get her revenge on better ground.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Mak is Bak –

Well done the Makfi backers.

Makfi Vs Canford Vs Goldikova Vs a fit Rip with Dick Turpin thrrown in to make sure they are on their mettle. Now that’d be a race would it not.

Price that one up!

• Total Posts 629

Kauto – she ran her best (confirmed with Paco) on ground that wouldn’t have been ideal…you can’t ask for more – she’ll be back! :wink:

Corm – is there no room for ‘Lope’ on that list?! :shock:

• Total Posts 56

Zenjah; I just wonder if she will get the chance to reoppose Makfi. If she takes him on in the Moulin, she will have had three races in 5 weeks, including one on very soft ground. I have a feeling she may wait until the Foret.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Yes, throw Lope in too.

• Total Posts 629

Good point ‘K’…I don’t know where & we never know what the ground will be like along the line – just trying to be positive! :wink:
    She’ll be back! :mrgreen:

Given a better ride this year whom should she fear?…what would your dangers be in the Foret?! :D

Trying to recall who has been ear marked for that race…there was one that’s lingering back there somewhere… :?: :!:

Nice Corm…he’s on the come back mission too! :o

The Moulin could be quite chaud! 8)

• Total Posts 56

Think Special Duty has been earmarked for it, but would expect Goldi to take care of her. Think RP mentioned Paco Boy, but I think she would beat him as well. It’s more her legacy I’m concerned with. She’s still the best miler, but now I think she needs to beat Makfi to really confirm her standing as a great. Then the only miler she hasn’t beaten is Canford Cliffs.

• Total Posts 4293

Don’t worry, Goldikova will get her chance to beat Makfi. He is headed to the Breeders’ Cup after the Moulin.

• Total Posts 4293
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I love Goldikova, but well pleased to see Makfi back to his best. Thank goodness the French let us watch their races on UTube.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

I haven’t written off Paco yet….better ground needed and 7F….imo

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Well Makfi has made people look like complete clowns on here which is always amusing, sure someone said he would never win a race again and here he is beating Goldikova.

Just hope Paco Boy hasn’t ran his last race, Hannon says he could be retired now but surely would take all the beating in the Foret.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.