The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix De La Foret 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix De La Foret 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Well i’m sure Goldikova will prove too good, so let’s see who else is going for the e/w gamble. In the Diadem thread i stated i was impressed with a horse called Varenar, and i thought it headed to the sales. Anyway to cut a long story short it lines up tomorrow and it was available at 25’s. It’s still with the Aga Khan.

I love goldikova so i hope she wins, because if she wins her next two races she will stay in training for next season, so fingers crossed.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Looking at the field, I think 2/5 is buying money. 1/5 is a more accurate reflection on her chances IMO. What else can you say about the rest that’s worth listening to? :?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Goldikova is 8/15 with Coral.

Crazy.

The fact that Border Patrol is second favourite tells you all you need to know – this is a Steven Gerrard penalty, at the Kop end, against Manchester United, to win the league and without a goalkeeper.

There are only two questions:

On or off the bridle? More or less than five lengths?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Don’t know that I’d be all that bullish about her?
    She hasn’t a lot to beat but it is 7f, and she wasn’t all that impressive in a steadily run Falmouth, so she’ll certainly be tested more than she was in the Marois.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

You may have a point, Reet, although I’m sure someone will have a crack at taking them along. Welsh Emperor will no doubt try and do the hari kari work for four furlongs if he’s quick enough, then I’m sure Goldikova will do the rest. Being in front for half the race shouldn’t be a problem against that lot. Think she’s come on a bit since the Falmouth, in any case.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Goldikova is on a different planet to this lot. Nothing will get near her. I just thought i’d shove this thread up to see who can get a decent e/w chance. She’s the best miler in the world !

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Goldikova’s win in Marois was for me the performance of the season. Very disappointed she didn’t take on Rip Van Winkle at Ascot. Given the drop back in trip and wide draw I have gone each-way on Border Patrol. Even if he cannot challenge the favourite his rate of progression would suggest he can beat the rest.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

There appears no reason; form lines or otherwise to suggest that Goldikova is anything but a penalty kick.

One to enjoy.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Goldikova found nothing when she looked like she was going to kill them.

Disappointing show, probably found the pace too fast.

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Was that the worst ride you have ever seen. What was Pesiler doing mixing it with the pacemaker or whatever that was out in front.

The winner of the dumbest ride of the Year has been decided

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yup, really was an abysmal ride.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Well done Graeme – I bet you didn’t think you’d be collecting on the win part of that bet!

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1213

I agree it was a poor ride but it might be just one of those situations that worked out badly for Peslier. He either decided or was told to get a good prominent position from the draw. She really got set alight and he was powerless from that point on

SHL

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Well done Graeme – I bet you didn’t think you’d be collecting on the win part of that bet!

Thanks Eq. I’m a bit suprised but you know how these races can pan out. Did head send out a pacemaker i only watched the replay once ? i think her three consecutive wins came on stright courses, so maybe the bend wasn’t to her liking, who knows ?

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Methinks Monsieur Peslier got slightly carried away – both mentally and physically ! :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Great Stuff Graeme wouldn’t have had that horse on my mind and well done "H" for spotting she wasn’t the good thing many thought she was. Can’t blame OP ffs if she had been good enough she would have won.

She looked brilliant but being smart after the fact the horses she beat were beaten just as easily by others. Elusuvive was 6 lengths + behing Ghanaati and she’s turned out to be pretty ordinary for a classic winner. Aqlaam stone last behind Rip Van Winkle beaten further than the ey can see………good filly but perhaps no where near as good as we thought.

Really wish AOB would forget the 1m2f race send RVW for the Breeders mile I doubt if she would see the way he went….wouldn’t take the evens about her with bad money with Mastercraftsman and Zacinto in oppsition despite the fact todays race was shorter I think she’d be hard pushed to beat them.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

That’s racing! :D Well done Graeme.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.