The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

point to point

Home Forums Horse Racing point to point

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

do any of you helpful chaps know how much it would cost me to train my own point to pointer,i have a field and have the share of stables

Many thanks

lochinverlochinver
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Do you know http://www.jumpingforfun.co.uk ? That’s the website to visit to find out all you need to know about between the flags.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

thankyou

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

If you’ve got your own facilities then the extra costs shouldn’t hurt you.   Trainers in East Anglia also pay extra to use the jumps facilities on the Links at Newmarket.  Where would you plan to go schooling?

If you’re keeping to pointing then registrations at Weatherbys are a minimum.  You would need to register colours etc if going Hunter Chasing.   Speak to David Ingle at Weatherbys to discuss costs and paperwork.

However you will need to speak to your hunt to work out how much they charge for pointers to qualify.   This will probably be your biggest outlay along with getting your colours made up and any racing tack.

Have you already got your horse?

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Hi Adrian

ive been offered a horse who has been running under rules,bit of a slow boat but a kind easy horse to do,his form figures wont have anyone running for cover!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.