The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Plans for January

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5937

Outlaw Tom was entered at Newcastle but doesn’t run. The hope was that the race would cut up and a small field would result, but that hasn’t happened.

Plans are fluid at the moment, mainly due to lack of opportunities in the 0-115/0-120 handicap chase range. There is an idea to go to Catterick for the North Yorkshire Grand National* (0-130, top rated on entry is 126 and 18 are entered) next Thursday the 12th, with a reservation about the tight track at Catterick. Distance and going are likely to suit though, so it’s a possible.

Other than that I understand Ayr at the end of the month is a possibility or maybe a handicap hurdle somewhere. The lack of suitable races is most frustrating when the horse is ready to run, and Paul has poring over the programme to find somewhre to run.

Rob

*I presume that’s the independent Republic of North Yorkshire?

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5503

Is there nothing over 3m+ at Carlisle Rob?

I realise that 3m is likely to be on the short side but I don’t need to tell you that 3m at Carlisle on the usual winter going there is a stamina-sap

Also I’m not convinced by Outlaw Tom’s fencing technique, so the relatively forgiving Carlisle fences (not dissimilar to those at Hexham) should suit too

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5937

No Carlisle meeting until February 8th. Paul’s complaint has been that the racing programme has only trickled out, and it may well be that there’s something on that card. The card had a 0-115 novices handicap last season, and he’s still a novice, so that would be a possible if it’s repeated. A brief chat with Lucinda Russell at Kelso suggested she would be happy to take the horse to Carlisle.

Immediate problem though is keeping the horse on the boil as he is fit and ready to run.

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.