The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pipe Plor – Lucifer Bleu

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Pipe Plor – Lucifer Bleu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

DOH – Title should be Pipe PLOT!

<br>I see David Pipe has picked up some of his dad’s olds tricks! Lucifer Bleu seemed to get a lenient mark running for the first time in almost 1000 days, and showed significant improvement to bolt up (at 28/1 interestingly). It then showed further masses of improvement (20lb) last Saturday at Wincanton when it trounced a decent field.

Its entered in the Racing Post Chase, and runs of 121. Compare that to its RPR last time out of 149 and you get the impression it can win this easily. That’s probably why the 10/1 on Sunday is now 11/4f.:o

Wonder how much of the money is from the Pipe stable? The other question is, do you think the Pipe stable had this all plotted out a long time ago? They must of known the horse was flying and significantly better than its mark, I suppose kudos to them for exploiting it.

Hope Lacdoudal and Simon run well, by the way.:)

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 1:08 am on Feb. 20, 2007)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>If they’d known the horse was this good, surely it wouldn’t have started 28/1 at Hereford.

AP

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

I would call into question the class of the field he destroyed on Saturday, but he will need company next time, he demonstrated all the hallmarks of falling when alone up front!!

I, and possibly, the Pipe Team also, will be wondering where he goes next?? If at the Festival, in what race?<br>The horse is certainly a puzzle :)

regards,

doyley

• Total Posts 2065

With 15 left do people still think Lucifer Bleu looks like a banker?

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

I fancy Puntal he would have won the national last year if it where over 3ml, he has class as he won the betfred gold cup he may have lost a bit of ability since then but was 2nd last time out and imo looks a great e.w bet at 25/1

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Although Lucifer Bleu looks a handicap snip, he still has to show he can jump as well against much better horses  than he has met so far, though with many of the field not at their best on soft, he could still win by default.<br>Even if I were to bet him, I wouldn’t take the current price as there’ll be a R4 if the 2 Daly horses are withdrawn and I couldn’t see him going off much shorter anyway.<br>A no bet race for me, but the percentage shout would probably be Simon each way.<br>

• Total Posts 2065

I think I was trying to say it looked a good thing on paper, but it wouldn’t get my vote.

Simon for me with a saver on Lacdoudal possibly.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

It should be pointed out that there hasn’t been a flood of money for Lucifer Bleu; the horse’s price has been cut due to the fact that he looks so well treated in light of his last win. Bookies would soon go broke if they weren’t able to move prices on opinion and had to wait for hefty bets to arrive!

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Watching the race last week, the Jockey kept looking round for non existant dangers which I thought compounded a few shakey moments at the fences.<br>There have been plenty of handicap snips, Horses well in etc etc going for big Races which have failed.<br>There are plenty of doubts, up in grade,<br>distance, against horses proven over Course and Distance. Will certainly be taken on for the lead, will be put under pressure.  Will the horse take to the ground?<br>Stamina questions? How will the Horse jump under pressure?  Even though it seems well in 13/2 would be my idea of a proper price. <br>In short, good luck to connections,<br>but I wont be backing it. <br>However I wouldnt discourage anyone else from backing it:biggrin:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from sporting sam on 12:39 pm on Feb. 24, 2007[br]However I wouldnt discourage anyone else from backing it:biggrin:

Especially on Betfair like!

(Edited by davidbrady at 1:32 pm on Feb. 24, 2007)

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Lacdoudal for me. Has won over much further and on all types of ground. Also Cornish sett with Ruby on Board each way. <br>Hobbs has a good record in this race three placed and three winners.<br>Even with all the defectors its a tricky one to call if you dont like the favourite.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

13/2 :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Total Posts 2065

Still laughing DJ?:biggrin:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Yes, that horse wasn’t a 13/2 shot.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

DJ – are you telling us that you backed Simon with Andrew Thornton on board. Have you no principles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.