The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pertemps Final 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Pertemps Final 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

First qualifier this week at Cheltenham, so time to start earmarking a few.

The first one to jump out at me from these entries is Dallas Des Pictons. Very average season over fences last year, and having failed to fire last week, this might be a suitable alternative.

Flinck, and Kapcorse are another pair to catch the eye, while a quiet season could bring about a nice mark for Tobefair who I thought acquitted himself really well in Grade 1 Company last year.

Not too many others on the radar right now, but Column of Fire is very interesting now that he’s staying over hurdles, while Janidil is another who appeals, but I like the idea of him for about half a dozen races.

Look forward to picking the bones out of these qualifiers, as the season goes on.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2891

Column of Fire staying over hurdles in one tour, but chasing in another (RP).

Interested in Flinck if he rocks up in the qualifier!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Yeah Jack, Flinck a very eyecatching entry, and as you said on the notebook thread the other day, he could be one to keep on side of.

As for Column of Fire, I think he’ll have a good season, but with the contradictory reports, one to tread warily with Antepost.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

Good performance from the winner today. I thought the claimer on Kansas City Chief gave it a right good go as well.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Couple of qualifiers this week at Newbury and Aintree.

Kapcorse an interesting one at Newbury, but at Aintree, Mohaayed really jumps out. He’s bang near the top of the shortlist if this is the route they’re going.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Dreal Deal seems to be targeting this, although he won’t be running in the Newbury qualifier this week. He will have gone up about 100lbs in the handicap by March if all goes to plan :wacko:

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Been some story that, I hope they make it there.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Dream Berry flopped in The Final last year, but of the field tomorrow, he’s the one I find the. OST interesting long term, with Dell Arca possibly another.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 584

It was good to see Unowhatimeanharry win the qualifier at Aintree. Maybe he is not going to win the final and will be vulnerable to a plot horse sneaking in on a good mark – but I could see him running well under a big weight.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Yeah, good to see the old boy do it.

I took the 33’s for Mohaayed, and surprised it lasted.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Qualifier at Market Rasen tomorrow, and No Comment is a standout for me.

I really liked him last year, he was my NAP of the week for The Kim Muir, but he went for The Ultima instead, where he had a shocker of a fall.

Very interested to see how he gets on tomorrow, and very interested in him now for this.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 311

The Bosses Oscar is a big fancy for me here, even before the recent market support. I haven’t bet him yet, but I’m considering him at 20/1

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2891

Tower Bridge was fairly obvious today…

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Certainly an interesting one Jack……I’ve added him to the pile.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.