The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Haigh Q&A

Home Forums Archive Topics Celebrity Q&A’s Paul Haigh Q&A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

The recently compiled list of questions posed by forum members to leading racing journalist Paul Haigh have now been answered by Paul.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=10&topic=29

I would like to thank Paul very much for being brave enough to stand up and allow us to fire uncensored/edited questions at him but also for being even braver with some of his answers. Those of you who, like me, have been reading him for the last twenty plus years will be unsurprised at his honesty and candid approach!

Thank you Paul.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Only worked my way through some of this, but its great stuff

Thanks to the posters and Zorro

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Enjoyed it too.<br>Fair play to zorro, good answers to some interesting Qs.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

Respect to the becowled rapiersmith.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Well done all .. good reading and great answers.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2742

:old:

A most fascinating expose from a masked man, and<br> so interesting to peek through the slits<br> into the Haigh world. <br> <br> <br>

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Many thanks for your interesting and candid replies to forumites’ questions.

I agree entirely with your "internationalist" views on racing outside of the British Isles, and I’m convinced that international racing has to be the future of the sport.

Why are so many of your colleagues so slow to realise this and remain so insular in their outlook, and what can be done to change this?

Take the Global Sprint Challenge as an example. This is the only competitive and meaningful "international championship" in the sport, with great stories in its short life – Silent Witness, Takeover Target etc. Yet many followers of the sport could be forgiven for not being aware of its existence, never mind the wider world, sporting and otherwise, outside.

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Thanks to all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.