The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Gallagher

Home Forums Horse Racing Paul Gallagher

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Last season he was a great jockey riding many winners, but I haven’t seen his name for ages, is he injured?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9199

He was sacked by Howard Johnson and dropped by his agent Richard Hale last June Phil (after alleged unprofessionalism – bit rich from Johnson mind you).

8 wins from 41 rides this term (not bad s/r).

Not sure if he’s injured or not. No rides in last 14 days and no booked rides on RP database.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Not sure if he’s fallen out of love with the game over here, but I remember an interview he did with Matt Chapman not that long ago saying he was over all his previous problems and really knuckling down…..Matt questioned him a few times and said why should we believe after he had let people down before and if he was going to make a go of it and realise his undoubted potential and he assured him he would?

He’s now living over in Australia and think he’s riding there (although injured at the moment) and not sure if he’s planning on returning any time soon?

Great, great shame in my opinion….

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Sorry if this hijacks the thread, but what happened to Paddy Merrigan?

He was another talented yet…obstinate conditional who got sacked by most of the big yards. My enduring memory of him must be throwing his helmet away in rage after Special Envoy fell when leading the valuable fixed brush hurdle at Haydock.

cjboy
    • Total Posts 127

I am in touch with Paul and he isn’t riding in Oz, and it doesn’t sound like he’s missing the UK or the weather.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.