The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paddy Power Plate 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Paddy Power Plate 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Really like this race, but one winner in its current guise in the best part of twenty years, tells its own story. I’d say that about 90% of my bets have failed to place as well. I should leave well alone. I just can’t read it.

With that in mind, having an Antepost would seem a bad idea. In fact the best approach would seem to be to wait until the day, draw up a shortlist, then scrap those as well, and go for one I couldn’t have on my mind.

Anyway, Umbrigado would be my biggest fancy right now, and considering that record, a small early shortlist/four to avoid just now…..

Coole Cody
    Farclas
    Midnight Shadow
    Umbrigado

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

I like midnight shadow too

Not sure what to make of him being pulled up over hurdles though

Cant be a good thing

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

FF the yard has been struggling for winners , they normally make hay in the he real bad winter ground but not so this year , however he does like Cheltenham

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Sue Smith has a RTF of 0% :wacko:

Safe to say trainer form couldn’t be any worse

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Lol as d ream sang …things can only get better

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Yeah FF, he’s there purely on the chance he turns up.

If he turns up, then I’ll take notice, but that’s a big “if”

He just bumped into one in The Caspian Caviar, but he’s went from that to being pulled from The Ryanair & Ascot Chase, to running abysmally last week. Not one for an Antepost it’s safe to say.

KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1255

I’ve had a double bet on Farclas for this at 16s and 12s. Think he’ll go off 5/1.

Similar profile (and Mark I’d expect) to The Storyteller when he won this and ran very well in a hot handicap at the DRF when he hit the second last and stayed on for third.
    Cheltenham hill should suit him, same course as his Triumph win the other year.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

Farclas for me too. I was keen on him for Ultima Handicap, and I’m just as keen on him here at 12/1

I have bet him in the to win any race market as well, but I was happy to put more on him in this.

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Another Farclas backer here, but I also like Ibleo and Mister Whittaker. Farclas the only bet at the moment though.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4123

Mitchouka :heart: EW @ 33/1 5 Places NRNB

Slowly but surely recouping about 5 years of losses from him on his last two runs. Might not sneak in as it stands and depends on what the handicapper gives him. The big problem is if he was trained by one of the big guns they would have to give him 3 or 4 pounds extra really, based on that last run where he was staying on very nicely at the end against some nice horses.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH Botchy we want 50s on the day 7 places Mitchouka!

hopefully the BHA handicapper gives it the obligatory extra 5 lbs and he sneaks in- nice conditional up to counter balance that and we’ll be quids in

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.