The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paddy Power Gold Cup 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Paddy Power Gold Cup 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2184

Can anyone tell me what kind of weight Catch Me would be allocated for the Paddy Power. Thought he was unlucky against Pandorama and Weapons Amnesty last time he was seen. Think that form stands up to close scrutiny.

Runs Saturday at Naas against Captain Cee Bee and Psycho in the same race Tranquil Sea won last year.

Suppose he’s around the mid 140s but I wouldn’t be sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

OR 143, fellas.

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

Funnily enough I backed Catch Me two days ago at 20. Probably won’t get an entry now :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 340

Funnily enough I backed Catch Me two days ago at 20. Probably won’t get an entry now :cry:

Will Catch Me still run in the Paddy Power after Sunday?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

For me, I’m on :

Tranquil Sea 16/1
    Noland 25/1
    Poquelin 14/1

All hail Mr Paul Nicholls!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Got to agree there mate with the 25/1 about Noland!

Will be absolutely fascinating to see how he goes if he runs.. Nearly two years off the track but a top class horse when last seen in action. If any trainer could ready one after such a break then Nicholls is the man.

Only 12’s with a few bookies too, wonder if they know whether Ruby will choose this one?

Participant
    • Total Posts 340

Does anyone know, now the weights have been released, if Catch Me is a definite runner? Getting that weight from Long Run, tying in with the form with Weapons Amnesty makes him a nice bet to me if he runs. I’m on at 20’s and would be gutted if he didn’t run.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I"m hoping

Catch me

doesn"t run i"m afraid as i see him as the 2nd best handicapped horse in the race! I just cant see the likes of Noland,Long run,Mad Max and Massinis Magiure all carrying about 11-5 giving that sort of weight to

Great Endeavour

! Catch me is very well treated on his Sun alliance hurdle run against Massinis Maguire too!

• Total Posts 403

Mad Max is huge. 12st would be no bother to him. Great Endeavour hasn’t the class to win a renewal this good. He’d have had a squeak the year Billyvoddan was top weight.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

As it stands right now, I’m thinking of Weird Al, if he runs – he’s a decent weight, he’s got great form, and I think he could be something special. I certainly think he’s got as good as a chance as Long Run, a horse about whom there are jumping issues.

Then again, I really don’t know much about this Catch Me horse some of you chaps are tipping up – care to enlighten me? :wink:

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 118

How many runners will there be? I think ante-post each way could be value as you are guaranteed a quarter the odds and there might be only 12 runners if the top contenders frighten the others off.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

I would be worried about Catch Me’s jumping; ditto Chapoturgeon although I do think he will win a decent race at some point.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I am in the Mad Max camp, should have a serious shout. I think Long Run’s jumping will get him in some bother this season.

JohnJ

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Am to in the Mad Max but will the wet weather be bad for him as he needs good ground and the rain is not is in his favour

simons26
    • Total Posts 45

YES I AGREE MAD MAX HAS TO BE IN WITH A SHOUT BUT THE WEATHERS IS RUBBISH ALL WEEK AND WE NO HE DONT LIKE SOFT BUT PERSONALLY LONG RUN SHOULD WALK OVER ALL THESE , YOU LOOK BACK AT HIS RACE BEHIND WEAPONS AMNESTY AT CHELTENHAM IN MARCH , HE TRAVELLED SO WELL TILL THE LAST FEW FURLONGS AND THE 7/2 IS EXCELLENT VALUE , I SEE A LOT OF SHOUTS ABOUT GREAT ENDEVIOR BUT SURELY HE AINT GOT THE CLASS TO WIN A RACE LIKE THIS , HES PRETTY AVERAGE

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Right, as it stands, I like the look of Poquelin – yes, he’s top of the weights, but Popham takes five off, and his recent course and distance form is pretty darned good.

I reserve the right to contradict myself, mind you!

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

• Total Posts 2440

I personally like the look of Mad Max, but then again that may be heart ruling head, as i love the horse, nice, big, sort, lovely horse and a very good athlete.

However, i will have a closer look at the race as the week progresses, as there are some very good horses that are going to be low in the handicap, i.e. Pigeon Island.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.