The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Owners Money

Home Forums Horse Racing Owners Money

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

what happens to it? we all know some (or quite a few) owners drop money to the lads taking thier horses racing, but i’d love to know what happens to the money that is given to the yards office and doesn’t ever get given to the lads.

The thing is, we can’t prove it is given to the office in the first place! any ideas anyone???

daiesy

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

At risk of stating the blindingly obvious, give the lad concerned cash yourself, face to face.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

If you are talking as a lad who works in the yard and you can’t trust the staff that’s sad…….any time I had a winner, although I didn’t have to be, I was reminded by the trainer to make sure the lads got a few quid…never heard of a trainer ripping the lads off. So if there’s an office involved and you think they may be stealing your cash,don’t accuse anyone whatever you do.

When talking to the boss casually mention you are surprised that Joe Bloggs never left anything for the lads as he seemed such a nice guy…….why do you think he’s like that boss? or something along those lines. Truth will come out and then you can rest easy.

daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

oh i wish i colud, but he’s very unapproachable, an doesn’t really care himself. i wouldn’t dare accuse anyone! but it’s sad that it’s got to this state. the travelling head lads etc know there is money dropped for us lads but they can’t do anythingh about it either.

and honestly the trainer is one of the most unapproachable people i know from a lads point of view!!

daiesy

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Mate you have obviously been riding out for more than a few years going by when you registered. You must know good lads are hard to come by……..use the phone and call up every trainer you can and get another job in a decent yard.

Once you have a job to go to then you can approach your trainer……….go alone and get him alone and get a straight answer from him…….remember you have nothing to lose…..he has everything to lose

If he refuses to help tell him you are leaving and will be calling the owners to inform them why. Worst thing that can happen is he’ll try and kick your ass. Ever tried to catch a stable lad who doesn’t want to be caught..faster than ferrets:lol:

Seriously If the lad who looked after one of my horse at called me and said he loved looking after my horse but was leaving because someone was stealing money I had left for them…..oh boy!!!

I would be on to the trainer like a flash and be looking to get an answer and if wasn’t satisfied my horse would be gone in a flash….He can’t afford to allow that to happen. If he did he must be as thick as 2 short planks

Are you 100 % sure it’s not the other lads taking the pss out of you?………Sorry to ask that but I don’t know you from Adam and I find the whole thing very strange.

daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

no, we have recieved owners money before!!

would move jobs but can’t seen as accomodation in the village is soooo hard to find and i dont want to leave at the moment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.