The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Out of Order Lydia

Home Forums Horse Racing Out of Order Lydia

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

After listening to the absolute slagging Lydia Hyslop gave Sam Thomas on Timeform Radio yesterday, I thought I have to watch this.

The horse in question was Oh No Not Harry in the last race at Southwell yesterday.

After her excessively harsh word and her raving on about how Sam didn’t study any the previous races, didn’t allow for kick back etc etc etc I was expecting to see a real balls up of a ride.

So I watched and I watched and I watched! and I can’t see one thing wrong with the ride. Absolutely nothing!!!

Oh No Not Harry was with Jonjo O’Neill. The tried holding him up…he was beaten ridden by AP .They tried making the running he was beaten when Richard Johnson rode him.

Sam rode him time before last again holding him up and watching him yesterday and the way he finished I would say he’s best ridden that way.

She was ranting on about the kick back but as far as I could see the horse wasn’t the least bit bothered by it.

If he is a hold up horse and needs covered up, of course he’s going to get kick back. :shock:

For me this woman totally abused her prevelaged postion and owes Sam an apology, absolutely shocking behaviour from someone who should look before she leaps.

• Total Posts 1415

Isn’t she entitled to her opinion?

Whether she is right or wrong I’d rather she said what she thinks rather than constantly a**e lick like a number of people I could mention (particularly on Channel 4).

Nothing wrong with saying it as you see it, at least it isn’t being false.

• Total Posts 1537

I’m just watching the race as i type. Perhaps he could have been ridden more prominantly and taken cover behind the four leaders ?…maybe he was just carrying out instructions, you never know.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Going from memory here but I thought that Sam’s horse suffered interference when King Rufo came down. [just checked the result and Oh No Not Harry was the only horse to suffer interference 4 out….also just remembered something else mentioned yesterday and that was how good Chartreux’s race is looking now forum wise].

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

…I was expecting to see a real balls up of a ride…For me this woman totally abused her prevelaged postion and owes Sam an apology, absolutely shocking behaviour from someone who should look before she leaps.

So, if you had seen what you considered to be "a real balls up of a ride" would you have posted?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

What kind of smart axx question is that?

If someone had said he gave the horse a brilliant ride and I thought it was a balls up yes I probably I would have. What’s your problem ? she your hero or something?

She’s was a complete bitch about it saying the man had not bothering to watch any races on the a/w…….how does he know if Sam Thomas watches A/W races or not…….In racing you extend professional courtesy to others not accuse them of being a lazy bones with no interest in his profession……..because as far as I can see that is exactly what she is saying.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

What kind of smart axx question is that?

One that you’ve not yet answered.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I thought I answered it.

Not unless you think your Perry Mason and are insisting on a yes or no answer to a loaded question…if you do you’re barking up the wrong tree sunshine.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

No, you answered a question I didn’t ask.

Keep it civil, eh?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Civil is my middle name………..I just hate lawyers :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Take a deep breath, Fist. There’s no need for that.

You’ve already admitted that if you disagreed with someone’s assessment that a particular ride was perfectly acceptable then you would say so. Other than Lydia’s comments coming prior to yours in this instance, how is the situation any different? Why is it reasonable for you to lay in to Lydia – I don’t think calling her a b*tch is particularly constructive – believing yourself to be correct, when she’s done exactly the same in assessing Sam Thomas’s performance?

She thought the ride was poor. You didn’t. End of.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Lydia is extremly attractive and I could listen to her opinons all day any day.

MRW

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

What has that got to do with anything, MRW?

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Dont think it was a bad ride personally but I never heard anything that Lydia had to say. However, as Southwell is an ATR track and she works for RUK I cant imagine she sees too much Southwell all weather action herself. If she ranted about the kickback then that is harsh as Brackloon High (The winner) also tracked horses for much of the race and raced on the less favourable inside up the straight. Sam held the horse up and then came wide up the straight…a textbook Southwell ride…no??

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

I didn’t renew my RUK after the Setanta demise. Is Lydia still using her "Good luck with that project" laughter-line ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I’d rather hear what Lydia Hislop has to say that the boring don’t annoy anyone Channel 4

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Take a deep breath, Fist. There’s no need for that.

You’ve already admitted that if you disagreed with someone’s assessment that a particular ride was perfectly acceptable then you would say so. Other than Lydia’s comments coming prior to yours in this instance, how is the situation any different? Why is it reasonable for you to lay in to Lydia – I don’t think calling her a b*tch is particularly constructive – believing yourself to be correct, when she’s done exactly the same in assessing Sam Thomas’s performance?

She thought the ride was poor. You didn’t. End of.

I certainly would not go on air with thousands of listeners blasting out it was a shocking ride then accuse a man of not bothering his backside to watch a race on the all weather. It was a blatant attack on the man’s charchter. Up to now it would seem without foundation by those who bothered to watch the race.

She pulled Ferdy over the coals about nothing, she slags off Sam Thomas for no reason and disguised as Clare Balding’s :roll: totally embarrased a winning Grand National jockey in front of millions of viewers.

If the name fits.

Anyway it would seen you have nothing to say about the race but plenty to say about how I should conduct myself.

How constructive is that……trying to win brownie points are we?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.