The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Old Roan Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Old Roan Chase 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Usual string entry for this……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/32/aintree/2020-10-25/767134

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/old-roan-chase/winner

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/old-roan-limited-handicap/winner

Only one horse on my mind for this right now, and it’s Midnight Shadow. Last seen running a decent race in The Marsh, and though I quite like him for The Paddy Power, this looks more than suitable too. I was happy enough with his Novice season, and there should be more to come. Slight concern that Danny Cook won’t be in the plate, but not enough to put me off.

There’s obviously plenty of threats in there, and I really like Janika as well, but all about Midnight Shadow for me at the moment.

Midnight Shadow 12’s

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1280

Forest Bihan got me out of trouble at Aintree last year and I celebrated by leaving in a huff because of all the fences down the home straight being dolled off again. I won’t get that same luxury this year, but I might still have a second look at last year’s winner. Hasn’t raced since, but this would have likely been the target once again all the same.

My main hope at this stage is Oldgrangewood. Good record at the track without winning and was a consistent player in these sorts of races all last season. 8/1 looks good enough for me.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

I’d see them as two big dangers Peter. Talked myself out of Forest Bihan last year, while I’ve bet Oldgrangewood a few times. Very decent when in the mood.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

Top two on my ratings are Oldgrangewood (9/1 in places) and Really Super (25/1 in a place). The former is very solid at this level and likely to get involved in the later stages. As far as the second selection is concerned it depends which Really Super turns up. Won well in Grade 3 at Market Rasen, ran poorly at Stratford, but since come out and won nicely on the flat and worth an each-way poke at 25/1.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

No Forest bihan , while I’ll prob have a small play I’m more interested in watching Yorkhill , it’s no secret I rate his new trainer , if the change of scenery can work some kind of magic …. Fingers crossed

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

I can’t split Oldgrangewood or Magic Saint here, but at 7-1, I’ll go with the Nicholls horse.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 267

I’m definitely with Oldgrangewood here at 8-1, while I’ll add Yorkhill as well, but as he’s 25-1 and drifting, I hope to get better odds on him.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 472

I’ll go for Annie Mc at 12/1. She has run some promising races last season and ended up in a very strong Marsh chase. She was running well until the 4th last, which was a mess. I hope she can surprise here.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

Backed Oldgrangewood with a saver on itchy feet earlier

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

Had a free bet to use so I’m on Magic Saint and also added a few peanuts on Crievehill, both ew.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 40

Fantastic performance off top weight from NUTS WELL, I didn’t bet in the race but this was the horse that beat AYE RIGHT at Kelso over a distance that was far far too short for AYE RIGHT. AYE RIGHT 5th in RSA and hopefully all systems go for the Ladbroke Chase

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

I don’t think Nuts Well is the most straight forward character, head goes at an odd angle sometimes, but has been well placed in recent times and record of 7 out of 18 over fences (won here off 155) says it all.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Brilliant result for the north and even better being from my geographically closest trainer (though i wouldn’t recognise her if i bumped into her in the street!)

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563

Even though I bet Clondaw Castle, I can appreciate a smaller yard winning such a big race. Well done to all involved.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.