The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oddshoes

Home Forums Memorials Oddshoes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mort
    Participant
    • Total Posts 138

Oddshoes, fatally injured at Kempton today. Moderately successful running in 47 races since starting out as a 2 year old, ridden by no less than 20 different jockeys.
    RIP lad.

• Total Posts 21

In tears over this poor horse – saw this awful fall and couldnt believe it, how can that happen in a field of 3?
    poor Oddshoes, such a pretty horse, surely something couldve been done to save him? Or was it just a case of being too expensive to fix? RIP dear Oddshoes, you didnt deserve this. :(

• Total Posts 811

Things can happen no matter how many horses running – I’ve known horses fatally injured just cantering to the start, playing in their field, in the stable – Oddshoes got the jump wrong and paid the ultimate price – I think he must have damaged something major as he couldn’t get up … no ammount of £’s can save a horse so injured. I’m quite sure connections would have done all they could if there was a possibility.
    So sad … RIP lovely horse.

hairruffle
    • Total Posts 91

Such a sad loss. A horrible couple of days for the Phillip Hobbs team. Condolences to all involved with him :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 121

I was there on Monday.He wasnt moving once he hit the ground so hope it was quick.He looked outstanding in the paddock and it put a downer on my day.RIP.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.