The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nunthorpe 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Nunthorpe 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Some time ago, I read that Overdose wouldn’t be running again this year, but I notice that he’s being quoted on Betfair. Are these just crooks, or will he be running, does anyone know?

I’ll be sticking with Ialysos, but would do Overdose as well.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

No chance- he was still lame last week and it was touch and go if he’d make the Abbaye.
    If Sheikh Mo runs Jealous Again and a round trip to the States hasn’t upset her she’s a certainty.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Thanks, carvilleshill. We certainly seem to have an "embarras de richesse" in the speed department these days – at least it seems that way to me. I expect you’re right about Jealous Again.

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points system

144 kingsgate native
    131 borderlescott
    124 benbaun
    122 tax free
    116 dandy man
    109 amour propre
    108 art connoisseur
    105 moorhouse lad
    105 captain gerrard
    105 equiano
    94 reverence
    93 look busy
    92 ialysos
    92 radiohead
    85 mythical border
    73 excellerator
    68 mythical flifgt

will back kingsgate native to win
    and benbaun ew

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I agree about Benbaun. He’ll be getting the ground he desperately wants and he’s knocked on the door in a few UK Group 1 sprints down the years. Fair enough it was nearly 2 years ago but he did beat Kingsgate Native by 2L when giving away over a stone and on even faster ground I reckon he stands an excellent chance.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Dandy Man ran well at Goodwood last time and with Godolphin in decent form, I think he’s too big at 33s.

Has run well in this race before and he will love the conditions.

Worth a few ew.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Amour Propre will be back to his best here and his King Stand run should be ignored, others that he beat were able to get the better of him that day but he should put his superiority over them this time, Kingsgate Native and Radiohead should be the dangers, Radiohead apprently won’t lose according to Spencer, who misses the ride cause he cant make the weight.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

I like

Mythical Flight

here – his stablemate National Colour took a run at Ascot to come to herself when she ran 2nd to Borderlescott in this race at Newmarket last year. Can see him running a big race on lightening fast ground he’s sure to appreciate :)

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Amour Propre will be back to his best here and his King Stand run should be ignored, others that he beat were able to get the better of him that day but he should put his superiority over them this time, Kingsgate Native and Radiohead should be the dangers, Radiohead apprently won’t lose according to Spencer, who misses the ride cause he cant make the weight.

I second that. I think his last run is misleading – he just was not himself and did/could not dominate for whatever reason.

I really fancy Amour Propre to pop out of the stalls and blaze them silly.

8/1 Ladbrokes best price.

Zip

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I can’t help wondering if Ialysos will finally produce the goods a big one like this. But Radiohead is receiving so much weight, and the way he won that other race, after being really badly knocked sideways was astonishing. Still, he’ll have to produce some time to beat the likes of some of these hotpots.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I can’t help wondering if Ialysos will finally produce the goods a big one like this, and have bets on hm . But Radiohead is receiving so much weight, and the way he won that other race, after being really badly knocked sideways was astonishing, so he’s a main bet for me, too. Still, he’ll have to produce some time to beat the likes of some of these hotpots.

I’ll be happy if Amour Propre wins and have covered myself with a bet on Kingsgate at 4s, but I’ve also got zummmit on Equiano at 40s. But the way my bets have been going so far at York, I’ll get nowt back.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m disappointed that Mullionmileanhour doesn’t run, but I’ve been sweet on Radiohead for this race since Ascot and, whilst Kingsgate Native was impressive at Goodwood, I won’t be abandoning him now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I agree about Benbaun. He’ll be getting the ground he desperately wants and he’s knocked on the door in a few UK Group 1 sprints down the years. Fair enough it was nearly 2 years ago but he did beat Kingsgate Native by 2L when giving away over a stone and on even faster ground I reckon he stands an excellent chance.

The 14lb he gave Kingsgate Native was w.f.a. allowance, and takes no account of KN’s improvement since (Nor indeed, BenBaun’s deterioration).
    KN’s best performance prior to this season was on fast ground, and if the ground stays similar on Friday, he looks a moral for this.

Woyd
    • Total Posts 32

I second that. I think his last run is misleading – he just was not himself and did/could not dominate for whatever reason.

I really fancy Amour Propre to pop out of the stalls and blaze them silly.

8/1 Ladbrokes best price.

Zip

I’ll third that – i got 9/1 ealier in the week – skybet

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29166

The 7/1 with VC has now gone with Amour Propre, Now best 13/2 (FD) which I think is still exellant value. Though not as good as 9/1 Borderlescott with Tote. Is getting better with each run, and stable in good form. 33/1 Moorhouse Lad (FD) is worth taking, he’s a late summer / autumn horse.

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I can’t help wondering if Ialysos will finally produce the goods a big one like this, and have bets on hm . But Radiohead is receiving so much weight, and the way he won that other race, after being really badly knocked sideways was astonishing, so he’s a main bet for me, too. Still, he’ll have to produce some time to beat the likes of some of these hotpots.

I’ll be happy if Amour Propre wins and have covered myself with a bet on Kingsgate at 4s, but I’ve also got zummmit on Equiano at 40s. But the way my bets have been going so far at York, I’ll get nowt back.

The probable with Radiohead is he lacks experience if not abilty. Only two 2yo have won this in 30 years although I must admit I have no idea how many have run. I bet he’s wishing he had run in the Gimcrack though…the winner looked good but MC never went a yard on the ground.

Radiohead’s win reminded me of that of Art Connisuer. Slow 3 furlongs then a burst of speed type race.

Radiohead won’t have that here and I think he’ll be taken of his feet.

I’m firmly in the Amour Propre who Candy reckons is one of his best ever horses. He was found to be all wrong after his last race. Backed him earlier in the week….so fingers crossed but these sprints are about as tough as it gets.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Didn’t Henry Candy say the same of Corrybrough?

If Radiohead gets beaten tomorrow it will be for no other reason than he wasn’t good enough – travelling off a strong pace won’t be an issue.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.