The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Now Sir Micheal Stoute and Prince Khalid Abdulla have non-t

Home Forums Horse Racing Now Sir Micheal Stoute and Prince Khalid Abdulla have non-t

Viewing 4 posts - 18 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Pitt isn’t appealing

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Florimund is in at Lingfield tomorrow.<br>Runs in Div 1 of a  weak 1m 5f AW maiden .<br>Royston Ffrench takes over the steering from Davies.<br>Shows likely joint fav.<br>Must be nearing the last chance saloon as Abdulla-Juddmonte won’t persist with dross and this one is odds on to be sales bound at their end of season cull.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

‘Gelded’ your honour.

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Bearing in mind Florimund won by 7 lengths, does that suggest there was more ability than allowed to be shown last time?

Another interesting question is do you think it would have gone for this maiden or a handicap if the stewards hadn’t said anything last time. I’d be surprised if they hadn’t planned to put it in a handicap but that kind of would have proved the stewards right if it had won surely?

Does gelding a horse bring about so much improvement? Would they have stepped it up in trip for its handicap debut or were they clutching at straws today?

A fascinating conundrum but as Wallace says "horse racing is corrupt and you’re naive if you think otherwise". I know what I believe.

Viewing 4 posts - 18 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.