The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

November Handicap 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion November Handicap 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Entries out tomorrow, but looks as if Euchen Glen will be going, certainly according to the trainer.

It’ll obviously be tougher for him off of his new mark, but you could also argue that he’s hardly been hammered for his last few runs, so good to see them giving it a go.

He’s been unreal this year, with his run at Ayr the only one where I was initially disappointed…….until Addeybb really gave the form a better look a few weeks later.

Just hope to see him in the entries now.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Euchen Glen conformed, so I’ll be interested to see what he opens at.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/15/doncaster/2020-11-07/768338

I’ll stick with him definitely, though the likes of Strawberry Rock and Aasheq catch the eye too.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Market up……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/november-handicap/winner

I’d be happy to take 8’s, but some 9’s about. That’ll do, and if I see any 10’s or more, I’ll top up.

Euchen Glen 9’s

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 153

This race has a really nice shape to it you’ve got the class of Euchen Glen at the top of the weights in the form of his life but a strong possibility only him and Raymond Tusk will be carrying over 9 stone and then there could be a lot of well handicapped horses with very little on their backs as a result of a horse of Euchen Glen’s quality running. There might be a bit of scrambling around to find the best light-weight jockeys and I’ll be keeping a close eye on who gets some of the better claimers, they are bound to be in demand given the scenario.

One thing that struck me from the provisional jockey bookings was Tom Marquand staying loyal to Dash Of Spice from his last run over course and distance when he would probably be expected to (or at least I expected him to) ride for Alan King on On To Victory who has James Doyle pencilled in instead.

I think the market has it spot on regarding Sam Cooke, the owners went very close with Chelsea Lad a few years back and he’s had a light campaign and is surely better than his mark. Saying all of that I’d still make Kingbrook the outright favourite. His run in the Old Rowley Handicap really left an impression on me. I was staggered when he kicked clear given it was his first try at the trip on soft ground and how keen he’d been, he was value for a bigger winning margin that day. That looked a very strong race and he’s got 6lbs for it but the trainer has won this with Saunter in the recent past.

Of the others Tulip Fields revelled in soft ground over the course and distance when beating Dash Of Spice and then ran another nice race last time in a fillies listed race, she might not have done improving and William Buick is pencilled in off a very low weight for him, in fact if he made that weight I’d be very keen on her. Eagle Court has won two lesser races but in the style of a horse a fair bit better than those classes and I think he’ll improve again for this trip, I massively respect anything O’Meara throws at a decent pot and as you mentioned VTC Strawberry Rock, don’t think we saw the best of him last time, if Palmer wants to run him out of the weights he’ll be one looking at a decent claimer to negate it you’d be thinking.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

Once the ew places are maxed out, I’ll go with Glencadam Glory, but for now my win selection is On To Victory.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 153

I’m very sold on Tulip Fields and I’m breaking one of my golden rules in doing so (I don’t like backing the girls against the boys in handicaps) Buick can’t do the weight which is no surprise but Harry Bentley who was pencilled in on Sam Cooke for most of the week is riding for Mark Johnston not Ralph Beckett which is interesting.

Although they didn’t get a nice claimer I don’t mind Cam Hardie on Eagle Court as lightweight jockeys go and he’ll do for a 2nd pick he’s looked very progressive and O’Meara has won the race before with another Eagle named horse (Open Eagle – no relation) the name is purely coincidental but does demonstrate his prowess at targeting the race.

Looks a really cracking race, Surrey Pride looked short enough to me but they have at least secured the best claimer going and he could be very dangerous off 7 stone 11.

Forgot to add SkyBet are 7 places but they have got rid of BOG for enhanced place races I believe so watch out for that.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

I’ve went for 2 here. Torcelo is my ew selection, and I will take advantage of the 7 places on offer from Skybet.

The other is Dash Of Spice, he will be for the win only.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

I don’t like siding with the jolly in races like this, but it has to be Sam Cooke for me. I think that 6-1 is an ok price.

Aasheq at around 20-1 with Skybet 7 pls is my outsider.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11502

Tulip Fields for me 12/1 taken.
    Very gently treated when it was obvious she wasn’t going to win her last race.
    Mark Johnston and son have had a lot of success in the UK and Europe this season and hoping she will win today. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

I’d love Euchen to win but from a handicap point of view I can’t back him , Sam Cooke could be better than a handicapper and has to be backed , e.w as SS has stated Glarcadam Glory could be the e.w value , finished in front of Euchen in the Ebor on soft and has a better pull in the weights than that day he,s a huge price

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4923

I get the impression a few of these are entered as a bit of a last throw of the dice on the truf for the year.

My top three are:

On To Victory – Thereabouts on all three runs this season, close second at Haydock put s him right in this and conditions will suit.
    C’Est No Mour – Has to bounce back after a disappointing run last time, but other than that has been competitive all season. Class is a question mark but I can see this one running into a place.
    Rhythmic Intent – Progressive this season with only blip a well beaten seventh last time. Has bounced back from a poor run before, conditions suit.

Not my favourite event really, but hopefully there will be a decent place from at least one of these.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

Good luck, folks

I’m backing Strawberry Rock each way. Unexposed, good stable and potentially good value as too much might have been read into that York defeat

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Well done Spoon and Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4923

Thanks VtC, the lucky pin is in sparkling form in the big handicaps right now!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3813

WD Silver and rob’s lucky pin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.